GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The ironic truth ( finished version)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 20:00
Regular
As true gamers I'm sure most of you have this experience a lot.

This is the story of Gaming down-side.

This starts at your gaming shop, first of all you go over the charts, see what's winning, what's losing when suddenly a game seemingly jumps off the shelf and straight into your hands all of a sudden you finding yourself looking in great detail, then ... the feeling, no one knows what it is but when this occurs you have the un-resistable urge to donate your mum in order to have this (unless you have a few bob in yer wallet), later on, after you have played this game to bits, something just leaves you feeling empty and annoyingly bored, you have completed the game in 2 hours.
"Is that it?" you say to yourself over and over saying
"No I know this gameis better than this, There must have been something that I did wrong." then you realise that the game is truly finished, then the STRONG emotion of anger comes in
"WHAT! IS THAT ALL! I PAYED 40 QUID FOR THIS PILE OF S*** " (un-appropriate language you know SR :))

After calming down and feeling rather pis... peed, you decide to give it an early grave at the back of your draw.

When a couple of hours have past your mum or dad will come in and ask
"You like your new game?"
" Oh... er ... yeah it's really ... good" youd slowly lie trying to not show disapointment when you secretly do.
" So where is it then?" They would persist,
"It's in my draw, just taking a rest from it,"
"Glad you like it" they would say as they leave the room (as you mumble some words along the line
"mumble mumble crap game mumble mumble annoying parents mumble mumble what's for tea?")

Soon after, a few months have past you realise that another game (that you really like the look of) is coming out soon, and so the never ending cycle of buying games with crap gameplay and wasting money continue's but luckily for gamers, the games are being produced better with the new era of technology,

By the way I know that quite a lot of games have amazing gameplay and can last for years and I know how frustrating it is when you find out that they have been placed in the 'discount pile'.
Thu 22/11/01 at 22:08
Nighty night
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:42
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
A pity that some games have no quality whatsoever and look good in the shop. I normally go for the underpriced game that's been in the back for a few years with the large red words SALE printed on it. Thats how I got FF7.
So I beg you, next time you enter SR or start the order form, spare a thought for that game at the back and think to yourself: " Now, is this game the one for me?"[have a quick look at the Okish Graphics] " Think, maybe this could last me a while."[Pull out your mopbile and phone your gamer-of-knowledge friend and ask him if it's ok] " He says its decent and... Wow! Its only £9.99! Yup this IS the game for me!" Save yourself money and time. Vote SALE. ;).
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:32
Yep damn annoying.
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:10
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Its like a viscous circle!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH………!!!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:05
You see i had microsoft word up to check my spelling and as i went down to click on it I accidentally click on post half-way through I dont spam anymore.
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:03
"period drama"
why'd you post a hlf-finished verion anyways?

smells like spam
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:00
As true gamers I'm sure most of you have this experience a lot.

This is the story of Gaming down-side.

This starts at your gaming shop, first of all you go over the charts, see what's winning, what's losing when suddenly a game seemingly jumps off the shelf and straight into your hands all of a sudden you finding yourself looking in great detail, then ... the feeling, no one knows what it is but when this occurs you have the un-resistable urge to donate your mum in order to have this (unless you have a few bob in yer wallet), later on, after you have played this game to bits, something just leaves you feeling empty and annoyingly bored, you have completed the game in 2 hours.
"Is that it?" you say to yourself over and over saying
"No I know this gameis better than this, There must have been something that I did wrong." then you realise that the game is truly finished, then the STRONG emotion of anger comes in
"WHAT! IS THAT ALL! I PAYED 40 QUID FOR THIS PILE OF S*** " (un-appropriate language you know SR :))

After calming down and feeling rather pis... peed, you decide to give it an early grave at the back of your draw.

When a couple of hours have past your mum or dad will come in and ask
"You like your new game?"
" Oh... er ... yeah it's really ... good" youd slowly lie trying to not show disapointment when you secretly do.
" So where is it then?" They would persist,
"It's in my draw, just taking a rest from it,"
"Glad you like it" they would say as they leave the room (as you mumble some words along the line
"mumble mumble crap game mumble mumble annoying parents mumble mumble what's for tea?")

Soon after, a few months have past you realise that another game (that you really like the look of) is coming out soon, and so the never ending cycle of buying games with crap gameplay and wasting money continue's but luckily for gamers, the games are being produced better with the new era of technology,

By the way I know that quite a lot of games have amazing gameplay and can last for years and I know how frustrating it is when you find out that they have been placed in the 'discount pile'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.