GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"18 Capcom games canned for Gamecube!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
That's right, Capcom have canned 18 titles becasue of poor sales figures in Japan. I just got this from Cube-Europe and I am hoping it's not Biohazard 4.
Fri 18/04/03 at 19:57
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
That's right, Capcom have canned 18 titles becasue of poor sales figures in Japan. I just got this from Cube-Europe and I am hoping it's not Biohazard 4.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I'll provide the link because you couldn't be bothered to:

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=4090

I hope that doesn't include Killer7, that game looked amazing :o

Viewtiful Joe can go and fester in a big pit of smell though
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Disappointing news for GameCube and Game Boy Advance owners as Capcom halt the development of 18 of it's titles.

The unfortunate news that Capcom has canned 18 of it's titles was released today by Reuters Japan, due to poor performance by it's newly released titles. New titles such as P.N.03, Chaos Region, as well as many others, haven’t sold well, and big hitters such as Resident Evil Zero and Devil May Cry 2 fell way below their predicted sales figures. It is unclear which of Capcom’s titles development has been halted at the moment, but it was said that 10 of the titles were for the Game Boy Advance."

If its not Viewtiful Joe or Killer 7, i'm not really that bothered.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:13
Regular
Are they made, 10 games for the GBA?

The GBA sells shed loads!!
If they're getting dissapointing sales figures on the biggest selling console ever, then it's because the games are crap and nothing else.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:13
Regular
mad*
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:17
"period drama"
Choas Region?
I think they may mean Choas Legion which is due on PS2 also. And looked pretty tasty. Hopefully it'll still be released on PS2.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
"Resident Evil Zero and Devil May Cry 2 fell way below their predicted sales figures."

Since when was DMC2 on the GC? Or they sayin' cos they released a game on the PS2 and it did p00, they ain't gonna release games on the Cube?

grrr-argh

:[
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:34
Regular
Wait.

I don't think "the big 5" have been canned.

They're still in capcoms E3 lineup.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:36
Regular
You know if Capcom are having money troubles, the logical solution would be to release all of their games across all formats. Releasing Devil May Cry 1/2 on the XBox and GC would make them a tidy little profit, as would Resi, Dino Crisis etc.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:54
Regular
Personally, I couldn't care less. There ain't many Capcom games I'm after.

However, it would benefit me as a Nintendo fan for Capcom to continue to show their support for Nintendo, as the game's library would increase and would be a plus for anyone interested in Nintendo consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.