GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Giving it a chance."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/04/03 at 21:39
Regular
Yup, I think it's time I gave my GameCube a chance. I was dissappointed with it when I got it and I have hardly played it since then, but I would like to give it a go, because I'm happy with my other consoles so I would like to like the Cube to.

:)

So could anyone recommend me some GC 'EXCLUSIVES'? Apart from Metroid Prime of course. :)

I got Super Monkey Ball 2 today so that has certainly helped a lot.

Thanx
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yup, I think it's time I gave my GameCube a chance. I was dissappointed with it when I got it and I have hardly played it since then, but I would like to give it a go, because I'm happy with my other consoles so I would like to like the Cube to.

:)

So could anyone recommend me some GC 'EXCLUSIVES'? Apart from Metroid Prime of course. :)

I got Super Monkey Ball 2 today so that has certainly helped a lot.

Thanx
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:44
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Pikmin.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Super Mario Sunshine, I know you don't really like platformers, but give it a try, it really is an excellent game.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Well you can't go wrong with the Platinum range, where you can get 3 GameCube exclusives (Smash Bros Melee, Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin) at £20 each. Now if anyone's still saying Nintendo haven't changed their ways look at that deal - 3 GameCube games for the price of Turok 64 when it first came out.
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Memorandum wrote:
> Super Mario Sunshine, I know you don't really like platformers, but
> give it a try, it really is an excellent game.

Yip, I will give it a try because I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit, just gonna try new genres out.
Fri 18/04/03 at 23:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Mario Sunshine.
Pikmin.
Super Monkey Ball 2.
Metroid Prime.

Those are the four GameCube exclusive titles you really need to have. There are also some ofthe Player's Choice games that would be worth getting (Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, etc) as well.

Then in the next few weeks there's:
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2nd/3rd May)
Ikaruga (9th May)
Burnout 2 (16th May)
Skies Of Arcadia Legends (23rd May)
(So that'd be a game a week in May if you got all of those, which I'll definitely be doing)

And then in the future there's the likes of Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario 128, (out of the Mario region) 1080 Avalanche, F-Zero, Starfox Armada, and there are plenty more as well.

You'll get to love your Cube lots. :-)
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well I've been playing Super Monkey Ball 2 quite a lot today. I tell you, some of these GameCube games may look 'kiddy' but they do offer a fantastic challenge.
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:14
Regular
Which one is better, super monkey ball 1 or 2?
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lipe wrote:
> Which one is better, super monkey ball 1 or 2?

I've only played Monkey Ball 2, I just got it yesterday because as the topic title suggests, I'm trying to get some good games for my GC to better my opinion of the console.

But I hear Monkey Ball 1 is still rather good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.