GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will the Microsoft X BOX rival the PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 16:57
Regular
The Microsoft X BOX was released in America this week and should cost around £300 in the UK when it is released i think in February will the X BOX challenge the PS2 for Gamers supremecy or will it be left behind and the PS2 take Number One spot Sony are already making a PS3 which will be released in 2008 which will be the Ultimate Console and will get Sony back to Number One spot if the Microsoft X BOX manages to take it off them.

Could Sega manage to build a better console than the Dreamcast after they have got enough money to do so could this be there ploy to work for the other console and create similar games to these. Bad news Bleem! is dead
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:58
DC2? Dreamcast 2? NO chance.

BTW. PS2 is superb yes - I have one, but the X Box = will be amazing. My PS2 doesn't crash!
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:53
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Angle addict wrote:
The X-box basically is a small version of a PC and is a good as a dreamcast!!!!!!

Wow, if it's gonna be as good as a DC2 then it IS a must have.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:51
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
Ah yes. Even though the X-Box has its own hard-drive and is far superior power wise, it will also set you back an extra £100. The PS2 is a great console, there's no coubt about that, but can its lack in games flaw it to a point of no return? That has yet to be decided. One minor point of warning to you if you're thinking of purchasing a PS2. It crashes. Now, the GameCube is hell-bent on one thing. GAMES. In fact most of us here in SR are hooked on that aswell. But this could prove to be far more of an andvantage than the expected disadvantages because as you may well have worked out by now. Games+DVD=LOTS of overdrive. Games=Fast, trouble free gaming. Also Nintendo will be focusing on games meaning they have more time to produce quality games and rid the world of incredibly childish and stupid games such as Pokemon.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:25
Angle addict wrote:
> PS2 is far better than the X-box. The X-box basically is a small version of a PC
> and is a good as a dreamcast!!!!!!

Keeping in sync with you, one could say the PS2 is basically a big version of the PlayStation.

Not true at all, like your comment.

The X Box looks superb - Dead Or Alive 3 on it eh?

Must have!
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:13
Regular
"accidental superher"
Angle addict wrote:
> PS2 is far better than the X-box. The X-box basically is a small version of a PC
> and is a good as a dreamcast!!!!!!

some argue that ps2 is as good as a dreamcast basically (i disagree though)...
i hope x box does well...only time will tell
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:18
"period drama"
Angle Addict?

that sounds kinda dirty
Thu 22/11/01 at 20:15
PS2 is far better than the X-box. The X-box basically is a small version of a PC and is a good as a dreamcast!!!!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I read recently read that Sega had money problems, so they are only making games now, not consoles. They are even developing PS2 games to make some extra cash.

But I always thought differently though - I just know by this time next year they would come up with the first ever 256 bit console - I can see it now.

After all - they introduced the 128 bits console first, so maybe they'l do the same for a 256 console as well
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:11
Wow, do you speak without pausing for breath, 'cos thats how you type!! ;)

Well, firstly the PS2 is already in the number one spot, like it or not, it has a good head start on the x(pensive?)box and GC, they have a lot of ground to make up, they need to make some of those elusive "killer apps" to sell consoles. I think those who have already bought a PS2 will be loath to buy any other console, a PS2 is a big purchase for most people, and only the hardcore and rich will actually own all the new consoles.

The main battle will be for those who have held out and not bought a PS2 yet, I think the xbox will do well in this skirmish, closely followed by the GC, (hey, mainstream press are already labelling the GC is a kids toy, it has no DVD and no hard drive etc, that counts against it).

As for the PS3, more like late 2003, early 2004 launch, consoles last 3 - 5 years and Sony must steal the lead back from the xbox if if all goes Pete Tong for the PS2.
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:57
The Microsoft X BOX was released in America this week and should cost around £300 in the UK when it is released i think in February will the X BOX challenge the PS2 for Gamers supremecy or will it be left behind and the PS2 take Number One spot Sony are already making a PS3 which will be released in 2008 which will be the Ultimate Console and will get Sony back to Number One spot if the Microsoft X BOX manages to take it off them.

Could Sega manage to build a better console than the Dreamcast after they have got enough money to do so could this be there ploy to work for the other console and create similar games to these. Bad news Bleem! is dead

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.