GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the quickest you've finishes a PS2 Game ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/04/03 at 14:13
Regular
After reading the news story about a chap completing Zelda in under 2 hours I wondered what was the quickest you completed a PS2 game ? I gather 18 Wheeler can be completed in under an hour easily, I don't have any spectacular times to post :(
Sat 26/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
It depends on what you're talking about, If you're talking about how long it takes you to complete the game first time It is obviously going to take longer than completing the game for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Example : It took me ages to get 100% in Vice City for the first time. But when I completed it my second time it didn't take half as long.

Alan

'The voice of knowledge'
Wed 23/04/03 at 23:14
"High polygon count"
I did Ace Combat 4 in a weekend. Not constant play, mind. Probably something like 5 hours over-all.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:54
"welcome to the real"
lord of the rings just using aragorn up to completing the isengaurd level in 50 minutes then did it in another 10 with isildur to total 1 hour and no cheats
Mon 21/04/03 at 17:54
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
Metal gear solid 2
I finished the ship stage with snake in under 40mins
and the tanker in 2hrs35mins.havent played that game for ages
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:37
Regular
I completed crash bandicoot 2&3 in under 6 hours in 1 day.
:S is that good.
Mon 21/04/03 at 10:35
" Crazy!"
95.5 + 13 hours is 108.5 hours, and there are 168 hours in a week, so when you take into account say 50 hours sleep, 10 hours eating, that must have been pretty much all that happened all week. I think I'm impressed, though I'm not sure. :D

It was something like 2 weeks off or suomething.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:24
Regular
Things like Tekken and Dead or Alive are pretty quick to "finish" if its just a once through arcade mode type thing, but obviously there is plenty more to do, and those are the kind of games that you don't necessarily complete, but continue to enjoy as a multiplayer gaming experience.

Going to PS1, I remember Rebel Assault 2 being quite quick to complete. I think it took about 40 minutes when you didn't know what you were doing, and then about 25 when you got the hang of it. Lucky I liked Star Wars enough to feel my £20 wasn't wasted!

On N64, Tetris was quite the opposite. I can't remember the exact name of the game - there are so many versions, but its one where you can make 4x4 combinations to create silver and gold blocks worth more lines. Anyway, I think the final temple needed half a million lines to be completed. I made about a quarter, but seriously... it took long enough to do that, but to do it twice... eek!

I guess the main thing to consider with the length of a game is replayability. If Grand Theft Auto wasn't as big, it would be quite disappointing as the replay value isn't that great. Certainly its fun to go and have a mess around and find new things, but I wouldn't want to go and do all the missions again. Similarly with Gran Turismo 3, the endurance races were an experience, and one I enjoyed, but I have no intention of doing them again unless they are part of a new game, Gran Turismo 4 or whatever.

Games like Metal Gear Solid have a bit more replay value though, and beat 'em ups certainly do. A lot of games like that really reward repeat play, and although sometimes things may seem like cheap ways to get you doing things again, a lot of the time it can be really worth it. If you decided to take the easy route and go with the easy difficulty level first time through MGS2, then going back through on normal or above will be a completely new experience thanks to the radically changed levels of opposition. Instead of one guard, there are two, able to keep their eyes on eachother. On top of that there could be new cameras, new locations of bombs, harder bosses and more.

Anyway, for PS2 games, the game I`ve completed the fastest, as in got all secrets and unlockables, is probably SSX Tricky. It was a big improvement over SSX, but as it was similar, there really was nothing challenging about it. After a single run down the mountain, it was easy to pull off Uber tricks, and from then on, scores were ridiculously easy to beat. For gold you need 50,000 ish on the first course, but its easy to get over a million. Even later on in Alaska the score is beatable first time. To somebody new to SSX that wouldn't be the case as it would all be a learning curve, but if you played SSX a lot, then you start at the top of that curve and rarely get challenged.
Sun 20/04/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Balls"
i did soul reaver 2 in under 6 hours, i just expected it to harder the first time through.
Sun 20/04/03 at 10:48
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I don't rush my games. :)

I take my time.

I've played Final Fantasy X for 190 hours already and I'm only in the Calm Lands. I spend quite a lot of time getting my guy's stronger and my blitzball players better (All of them are on level 70-something).

And In Vice City I've only done 12% in 14 hours but I do have £51,000.
Sun 20/04/03 at 10:45
Regular
crazycol wrote:
> Thats damn good, i had a challenge during last half term off,
> it took me 95 hours and 34 mins to complete it 100%.
> also completed Devil may Cry 1 in just under 13 hours in the same week.

95.5 + 13 hours is 108.5 hours, and there are 168 hours in a week, so when you take into account say 50 hours sleep, 10 hours eating, that must have been pretty much all that happened all week. I think I'm impressed, though I'm not sure. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.