GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Importing....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Sat 19/04/03 at 19:08
Regular
I’ve wanted Animal Forest/Crossing for ages now and it doesn’t look like it’s gonna come out over here so I think I’ll import it. I’ve never done this before (and wouldn’t be doing it if there wasn’t a Freeloader), so I need you’re help.

- What sites can I order it from? and what are their delivery times like? as I don’t want to be waiting a month for it.

- When you have the game what’s it like loading it with the Freeloader, how do you do it and does it take long?

- Can you buy the Freeloader separately, without the Action Replay thingy or do you have to get them both at the same time?

- Would it matter if I got Freeloader 1.04 instead of 1.06 if I was just getting it for AC?

- Do you get a memory card with AC? As I’ve heard it takes up most of the card.

- Does my TV have to have any NTSC capabilities?

Joe
(I’ll probably have more questions that I can’t think of now)
Wed 23/04/03 at 12:35
Regular
Thanks for all the help.

The postman came this morning with AC and the FreeLoader, I wasn't expecting it for ages as I sent off for it on Easter Sunday. I've Posted the FreeLoader already and can't wait for v 1.06b to turn up. I've already read the whole manual and want a GC - GBA cable and and e-reader now!
Tue 22/04/03 at 16:33
Regular
scruffythejanitor wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> I don't think I can get animal crossing. Apparently things happen
> throughtout the whole day even at night and my life is too busy for
> a
> game like that, *sobs*
>
> i thought that but its not that bad. the shop is open 9am to 10pm and
> if the shop is open theres plenty to do. not that much happens
> really, and u can still talk to ur neighbours cos they mostly stay up
> late

Thanks for the advice scruffythejanitor, maybe I will get it...all thanks to you scruffy.
Tue 22/04/03 at 16:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think you made the right choice in going for the FreeLoader v1.04.

Not only does it come "bundled" with Animal Crossing for a great price, but if you do decide you want to import more games, you can always send this version back to Datel, and they'll send you a v1.06 one, anyway!

You'll enjoy Animal Crossing. So much to do, so much to see. Even if you do tire of it within a few weeks, with all the holidays and that to come within the next-year, you'll still find some reason to come-back to this game.

Winning Eleven 6: Final Evolution may also be worth a look, seeing as you like footie, and all.
Sun 20/04/03 at 21:10
Regular
I ordered it from Goblindirect for £40 which is Animal Crossing, FreeLoader 1.04 and delivery.
Sun 20/04/03 at 20:58
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
Lipe wrote:
> I don't think I can get animal crossing. Apparently things happen
> throughtout the whole day even at night and my life is too busy for a
> game like that, *sobs*

i thought that but its not that bad. the shop is open 9am to 10pm and if the shop is open theres plenty to do. not that much happens really, and u can still talk to ur neighbours cos they mostly stay up late
Sun 20/04/03 at 20:29
Regular
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Or buy it from here and send freeloader to codejunkies for a
> replacement!

I'm doing that as I found an address on the cide junkies site, I posted it in this thread.
Sun 20/04/03 at 19:54
Regular
Birthday on June 7th, so i'll get a new TV then.
Sun 20/04/03 at 19:46
"period drama"
Whoa, that >is< old.
Mine's as old as time itself and still has an AV. Although it's looking close to breaking, the screen keeps flicking and the sound's a bit crackly.
If it breaks soon enough we could get a new one so I don't have to buy an adapter. Huzzah!
Or, we might just not and I'll have to put my consoles downstairs on the telly. Which means I get to play for practically no time at all.
It's very tense : S
Sun 20/04/03 at 19:42
Regular
Nope, no a/v.

Telly too old.
Sun 20/04/03 at 19:35
"period drama"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Unfortuantly my TV is too lame to even have scart/composite sockets.
>
>
> I use RF, looks like a new TV is in order then.

Has it even got an A/V socket?
Because i didn't realise you could use them with the adapter thingy, becuase you've got to put the telly on the A/V channel before it works (duh).
Try that, then try the 60Mhz mode and if it's stable then the adapter'll sort you out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.