GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Parental DVD Settings?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/04/03 at 21:42
Regular
Trying to watch a DVD, right? It's rated fifteen. I am fifteen. I can't watch it. For some reason, there are some gay parental settings saying I can't watch my DVD I have just bought. I mean.. how gay is that? Very. Anyway. So I enter a password at this screen and it says it's invalid. Invalid? Bloody hell. No DVD watching for me it seems :(.

Any ideas?
Tue 22/04/03 at 19:33
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I know this might sound stupid and you will all dis me
ask your parents
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Why am I asked for a Password every time I try to play a DVD movie?

Most DVD films released in Europe do not have parental control software programming within the disk. However, if the 'enter password' screen does appear, you will need to disable this function to progress. Enter 7444 in the password section.

If your PlayStation 2 then displays 'invalid password', re-enter the password screen and press the select button followed by 7444. This will delete any password in your PlayStation 2's memory. Your PlayStation 2 will then ask you to enter a new password. Enter a new password. You will then be asked to 'confirm new password'. After confirming this new password you will then be allowed to enter the parental control menu. Set the region to England, and the parental lock level to off. Ejecting and closing the disk tray will then save the DVD menu options.
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:39
" Crazy!"
If you've forgotten your password I suggest you refer to the manua or ring up Sny or the relevat person.
Sun 20/04/03 at 15:15
Regular
"Balls"
if you forgot the pasword you are screwed. thats what i say. or go and buy a differnt DVD player.
Sun 20/04/03 at 14:35
Regular
Say I forgot the password?
Sun 20/04/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Balls"
i had to do that on my PS2 when i watched american pie 2. i got to make up my own. i think someone esle in your family has made up the password and not told anyone.
Sat 19/04/03 at 22:26
try 0000
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:50
" Crazy!"
Did you buy it secnd hand, because if you did ring up who ever you bought it from. hen I firstly got my Ps2 I didn't know what it was so I entered a password and for any films which I are 15 or above rated I have to enter 1987.

If you bought it new ring up tomorow, it'll probably be closed now, mind you you might have to wait until Monday now. Unless there closed for Easter Monday aswell.
Sat 19/04/03 at 21:42
Regular
Trying to watch a DVD, right? It's rated fifteen. I am fifteen. I can't watch it. For some reason, there are some gay parental settings saying I can't watch my DVD I have just bought. I mean.. how gay is that? Very. Anyway. So I enter a password at this screen and it says it's invalid. Invalid? Bloody hell. No DVD watching for me it seems :(.

Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.