GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tough Start To a Game"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/10 at 14:45
Regular
"And in last place.."
Are there any games which you have struggled to get past the opening section/level?

I downloaded the PS1 version of Driver for the PSP today and had a quick blast at lunchtime. It took me a good few shots to get past the first scene where you have to prove your abilities... nothing like easing me in gently.
Fri 03/09/10 at 14:24
Regular
yeah most games are like that but at the end really tests your skills and some parts in between are very difficult
Fri 03/09/10 at 03:43
Regular
"How Ironic"
He was creepy, one of the scariest game characters ever! ;D Although locking him in the freezer was pretty funny

Justice is served
Thu 02/09/10 at 21:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HM wrote:
> I think he was in the first 3. In the third one you could at
> least shoot at him when you got onto the training course. He'd
> deflect your blanks though with his tray and often fall over.
>
> I think on number two you could even lock him in the freezer!

Winston, the 'pain in the butt butler', was in Tomb Raider II on the PC and locking him in the freezer was a pleasure, at the time :ŹD
Thu 02/09/10 at 19:51
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think he was in the first 3. In the third one you could at least shoot at him when you got onto the training course. He'd deflect your blanks though with his tray and often fall over.

I think on number two you could even lock him in the freezer!
Thu 02/09/10 at 16:27
Regular
"And in last place.."
I think that was the 1st one.
Thu 02/09/10 at 15:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Which Tomb Raider had that butler in one of the training levels? He was so scary! He followed you round the level, but really slowly. You'd run miles, go get a cup of tea, and he'd be standing right behind you when you came back ! :'(
Thu 02/09/10 at 15:04
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Good memories of playing the original Tomb Raider.

We were very young and kept jumping when anything attacked us! One of the World Cup Singing Gorillas (sound activated to sing Ole Ole Ole) ran out of power due to the number of times we shouted in fright...that was over 14 years ago now... time certainly flies!
Wed 01/09/10 at 12:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Someone loaned me a copy of an early Tombraider (think it was the second one) but I always drown before getting the first key. Never played one since :)
Mon 30/08/10 at 17:01
Regular
"How Ironic"
Would make a good iPod game.
Mon 30/08/10 at 16:42
Regular
"And in last place.."
That's right, you are in a car park and have a checklist of moves to pull off in a short time frame with no nice friendly tutorial on how to do it.

As a game it has aged quite well, little rough looking but just as playable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.