GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!! (Episode 2)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 11:09
Regular
Hello again.

I see you have come back to read more tales of absolute fear and terror that can only occur....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

First today is the tale of pb. pb was a good man, a gamer through and through, but maybe things would have been different if he knew what could happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

pb had a passion for new consoles, his collection already boasted a Dreamcast a Playstation and a Nintendo64, but he couldn't stop there, he needed to add a Playstation2 to his collection.

pb returned from his journey, PS2 packed away safely, and begun to prepare for the coming of the PS2. Because of the PS2's backwards compatablility pb thought the easiest thing to do would be to move his Playstation.

The Playstation had other ideas!

Whilst pb was fumbling around the back, unplugging various leads and cables the Playstation edged forward, it got closer and closer to the edge, before finally plummeting down, fast and hard into pb's uncovered feet!

pb got away with just a bruised little toe, but in future he'll be more careful when replacing his consoles for he knows what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

pb is not the only one that knows the danger of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Strafex is also now highly aware of this terror!

Strafex was a keen Nintendo gamer, who would spend many a happy hour playing on his console, but best of all he liked the multiplayer games available. Be it Super Smash Bros or WWF No Mercy, he got great pleasure from beating his siblings time and again.

Maybe the pleasure would be decreased once he had experienced....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

For one rainy day, after a particularly lengthy Ladder Match on No Mercy in which Strafex had come away victorious, he went to seek refreshments. He returned to the room with a large glass of cola in one hand, and a Pot Noodle in the other. His brother continued to play away, trying to forget his early humiliating beating by beating Mae Young with a chair. Strafex went to step over the joyad, but caught it on his trailing leg! He went down, as his refreshments rose into the air. The cola soaked his poor brother, and the Pot emptied it's contents of Noodle all over the floored Strafex.

The external marks may fade away, but Strafex will never forget the embarrassment he felt....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

FantasyMeister has long heralded the joys of Dreamcast gaming, but he has never before revealed his terrifying ordeal that happened....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

FM liked a lengthy session of gaming, particularly RPG's. At the time of the tragedy his favourite was Skies of Arcadia. He loved this game, spent many, many hours playing it.

Maybe he regrets some of those hours after they were to blame....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

During one particularly lengthy session on SoA FM was feeling the pangs of hunger. Being at a particularly exciting part of the game FM continued through it, but when his cat called, also complaining of hunger, he knew it was time to satisfy both of their urges.

However he had been sitting too long, he rose to his feet too quickly, not testing his weight. His legs were not expecting this sudden movement, and gave way beneath him. He sunk to his knees. Unfortunatley this was exactly where he had placed the Dreamcast pad, and the hard plastic dug into his bony knee.

The bruise on FM's knee will fade away, but there's one thing that won't. The horror of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

The experiences of pb, Strafex and FM were horrific, and they'll certainly never forget what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

But there experiences are nothing compared to what happen to Wookiee Monster....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee was a big fan of his Playstation2, and the Playstation before it and would defend them until their death.

Maybe he didn't feel quite as strongly the day they nearly ended his, and he felt the terror of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee sat proudly in his comfortable armchair, playing happily on Grand Theft Auto3 on his PS2, seeing it in all it's glory on his widescreen TV.

He was suddenly hit with a desire for a spot of retro gaming. What caused this desire, a longing for something special for the past, or the God's of Fate carefully plotting the next occasion for....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee looked at his racks full of classic Playstation games, there must have been hundreds in total, when one in particular caught his eye. WipEout. The game that had stopped his from buying a Saturn!

He reached down for the game, on the bottom shelf, and game it a tug. It didn't seem to want to move.

He tugged harder.

Suddenly it came, but along with it the entire rack of games fell onto him.

Wookiee was trapped, despite being a strong young man the weight of so many games was too much for him to lift - he was trapped.

Worse still he had left GTA3 on, but the pad was just inches out of reach. No matter how he struggled to move his hand towards the pad he could not get to it.

The game continued to mock him "play me" it screamed, knowing full well that he was trapped.

Wookiee remained trapped, with his PS2 mocking him, laughing at his body, still beneath Wookiees huge collection of games, of which he was so proud, for 3 days until worried friends discovered him.

Wookiee may be able to re-house his collection of games quite easily, but it won't be so easy to forget the evils of gaming and what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

SO be careful when gaming kids.

I'm Meka_Dragon.

I wrote this!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:09
Regular
"not dead"
Hello again.

I see you have come back to read more tales of absolute fear and terror that can only occur....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

First today is the tale of pb. pb was a good man, a gamer through and through, but maybe things would have been different if he knew what could happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

pb had a passion for new consoles, his collection already boasted a Dreamcast a Playstation and a Nintendo64, but he couldn't stop there, he needed to add a Playstation2 to his collection.

pb returned from his journey, PS2 packed away safely, and begun to prepare for the coming of the PS2. Because of the PS2's backwards compatablility pb thought the easiest thing to do would be to move his Playstation.

The Playstation had other ideas!

Whilst pb was fumbling around the back, unplugging various leads and cables the Playstation edged forward, it got closer and closer to the edge, before finally plummeting down, fast and hard into pb's uncovered feet!

pb got away with just a bruised little toe, but in future he'll be more careful when replacing his consoles for he knows what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

pb is not the only one that knows the danger of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Strafex is also now highly aware of this terror!

Strafex was a keen Nintendo gamer, who would spend many a happy hour playing on his console, but best of all he liked the multiplayer games available. Be it Super Smash Bros or WWF No Mercy, he got great pleasure from beating his siblings time and again.

Maybe the pleasure would be decreased once he had experienced....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

For one rainy day, after a particularly lengthy Ladder Match on No Mercy in which Strafex had come away victorious, he went to seek refreshments. He returned to the room with a large glass of cola in one hand, and a Pot Noodle in the other. His brother continued to play away, trying to forget his early humiliating beating by beating Mae Young with a chair. Strafex went to step over the joyad, but caught it on his trailing leg! He went down, as his refreshments rose into the air. The cola soaked his poor brother, and the Pot emptied it's contents of Noodle all over the floored Strafex.

The external marks may fade away, but Strafex will never forget the embarrassment he felt....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

FantasyMeister has long heralded the joys of Dreamcast gaming, but he has never before revealed his terrifying ordeal that happened....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

FM liked a lengthy session of gaming, particularly RPG's. At the time of the tragedy his favourite was Skies of Arcadia. He loved this game, spent many, many hours playing it.

Maybe he regrets some of those hours after they were to blame....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

During one particularly lengthy session on SoA FM was feeling the pangs of hunger. Being at a particularly exciting part of the game FM continued through it, but when his cat called, also complaining of hunger, he knew it was time to satisfy both of their urges.

However he had been sitting too long, he rose to his feet too quickly, not testing his weight. His legs were not expecting this sudden movement, and gave way beneath him. He sunk to his knees. Unfortunatley this was exactly where he had placed the Dreamcast pad, and the hard plastic dug into his bony knee.

The bruise on FM's knee will fade away, but there's one thing that won't. The horror of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

The experiences of pb, Strafex and FM were horrific, and they'll certainly never forget what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

But there experiences are nothing compared to what happen to Wookiee Monster....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee was a big fan of his Playstation2, and the Playstation before it and would defend them until their death.

Maybe he didn't feel quite as strongly the day they nearly ended his, and he felt the terror of....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee sat proudly in his comfortable armchair, playing happily on Grand Theft Auto3 on his PS2, seeing it in all it's glory on his widescreen TV.

He was suddenly hit with a desire for a spot of retro gaming. What caused this desire, a longing for something special for the past, or the God's of Fate carefully plotting the next occasion for....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

Wookiee looked at his racks full of classic Playstation games, there must have been hundreds in total, when one in particular caught his eye. WipEout. The game that had stopped his from buying a Saturn!

He reached down for the game, on the bottom shelf, and game it a tug. It didn't seem to want to move.

He tugged harder.

Suddenly it came, but along with it the entire rack of games fell onto him.

Wookiee was trapped, despite being a strong young man the weight of so many games was too much for him to lift - he was trapped.

Worse still he had left GTA3 on, but the pad was just inches out of reach. No matter how he struggled to move his hand towards the pad he could not get to it.

The game continued to mock him "play me" it screamed, knowing full well that he was trapped.

Wookiee remained trapped, with his PS2 mocking him, laughing at his body, still beneath Wookiees huge collection of games, of which he was so proud, for 3 days until worried friends discovered him.

Wookiee may be able to re-house his collection of games quite easily, but it won't be so easy to forget the evils of gaming and what can happen....

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

SO be careful when gaming kids.

I'm Meka_Dragon.

I wrote this!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:26
Regular
"Not your monkey"
LOL. thats cheered me up for the afternoon. Never again shall i go near my consoles with a pot noodle!
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
What a horror story! Trapped just out of reach of my beloved DualShock2, with GTA3 teasing me like a naked teenage temptress...

It's truly the stuff that nightmares are made of. Well, my nightmares, anyway.

That tale has had a profound psychological impact on me, Meka, and I shall rush home from work tonight and nail my games cabinet to the wall to ensure that it never happens!
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:46
Regular
those bloody consoles, lol Meka, luckily i keep my games in a drawer, so no racks will on me:D
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:47
Regular
fall on me sorry
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:28
Regular
"not dead"
Is this better or worse than last weeks WCA!!! and should there be a third?
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:40
Regular
Yes!

There should definately be another WCA! It's becoming a regular thing now, and should continue for a while yet...
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Is this better or worse than last weeks WCA!!! and should there be a third?
____________________________________________________________This is defienatly brilliant Meka and deserves another episode...
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lol!! That was great Meka, keep 'em coming.
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:46
Regular
Yeap, I think this is the best so far. Keep it going.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.