GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Main content of site vanished"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/08/10 at 11:27
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here-again!
No sooner had the email business been sorted (I posted a thank you message last night) than a new horror emerged! In my absence,WBG had been fidgeting with the site and had accidentally made it public. But when I accessed it I found that, apart from the header,background and skyscrapers,all had disappeared!
There seems to be a reversion to the very beginning of my feeble attempts to set up a site as,in the menu bar there's a blurb which I'd used at first,but not since.
Though it's on the menu bar (with the explorer sign) it doesn't appear on the site.
When I un-published,all was back to as it should be.

Getting desperate.
Wed 25/08/10 at 11:27
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here-again!
No sooner had the email business been sorted (I posted a thank you message last night) than a new horror emerged! In my absence,WBG had been fidgeting with the site and had accidentally made it public. But when I accessed it I found that, apart from the header,background and skyscrapers,all had disappeared!
There seems to be a reversion to the very beginning of my feeble attempts to set up a site as,in the menu bar there's a blurb which I'd used at first,but not since.
Though it's on the menu bar (with the explorer sign) it doesn't appear on the site.
When I un-published,all was back to as it should be.

Getting desperate.
Wed 25/08/10 at 11:33
"Are you sure?"
Hi Mrs WBG.

I think it will be best to wait for Freeola to comment as they are able to look at your InstantPro site/setup which saves a lot of guessing :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Wed 25/08/10 at 11:54
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
It doesn't look like you've lost any content......

Your site has a number of external links on the main navigation as well as some 'normal' pages.

The external links pages are all marked as live, but the reason your other pages were not showing is that they were not set as 'live'.

I've put all your pages live now for you to see everything is all there.

You are able to select whether a page is live or not via the Page Manager screen. You will see two tick boxes shown to the right of each page name, one is 'Menu' the other is 'Live'. You can either tick or untick these boxes depending on whether you want the pages to be live, or appear on the menu.
Wed 25/08/10 at 12:41
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Phew,thanks! But I feel such an idiot--I knew these pages weren't live-I made them so! But it just didn't occur to me-I panicked a tad,I suppose.

Cheers,& thanks again
Wed 25/08/10 at 12:45
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Mrs WBG.
>
> I think it will be best to wait for Freeola to comment as they
> are able to look at your InstantPro site/setup which saves a lot
> of guessing :¬)
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
> My Freeola
> InstantPro Site

Thanks for your reply. 'Problem' solved!!
Mon 27/09/10 at 15:58
Regular
Hi how do you delete a page i have no idea can anyone help me
Mon 27/09/10 at 17:10
"Are you sure?"
meandmymate wrote:
Hi how do you delete a page i have no idea can anyone help me

In the InstantPro 'Page Manager' just click the 'bin' icon for the page you want to delete.

EDIT: ...and welcome to the Freeola Forums!

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.