GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New GAD Prize"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 10:47
Regular
Wouldn’t it be nice to see another GAD prize competition for us to participate in? I think so…

Think about it for a second or two…a GAD compo where you can discuss or review an album, a movie soundtrack, or even a game soundtrack of your choice. Whether it’s on the site or not; you can still review it, make a discussion, or both. It’s just like the ‘cheats’ section on the site; you type in the title, say what it’s based on (platform, movie, or group), then just submit a topic about it, or simply review it to your delight.

Sounds good in my opinion…and definitely one that I would love to take part in. Besides, there are so many people participating in the forums. Maybe it will be a good idea to space it out a little with a new competition.

I have noticed the ‘Extra Gameaday Prize’ competitions as well, but it does not look as though many members at GAD took much advantage of them; regardless to them being there for a limited time.

Just look how well the current GAD compos are going; they’re great. Each day I navigate the site; I see lots of great reviews, new submitted cheats, wonderful discussions. I am sure it won’t hurt to add another GAD prize competition on the site.

And who knows? It may have something for everyone…I’m sure. Look at it this way…everyone loves music, right? Of course they do. Who doesn’t? And almost everyone, including myself, loves to talk about which music score or game soundtrack is the best…so…I suppose giving this a try wouldn’t be so bad after all.

I just hope that Special Reserve will think of something. Regardless to the fact that I would like to win by posting this message, I also wrote this because I know that Special Reserve always value our opinion. They always advertise in their mags, requesting any particular idea(s) or changes we have that we are able to help them with, which could possibly make the site, as well as the stores even better.

Thanks for reading,

Son Of Liberty
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:56
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Your Honour wrote:
> Not being funny, but they give away nearly £100 in prizes each day.

> GADS @ £35-40 ea and 1 FAD @ £20-25 ea.

Thta;s also a good exmaple in which I overlooked. But it would also spread out the forums al ittle...wouldn't you agree? I mean, there are so many members at the game forums. Maybe another forum, (even for fun) wouldn't be so bad.
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:54
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> They already give away 2 games and a DVD everyday.

Anyway you can win a GAD
> for reviewing albums, just post them in the DVD forum.

Hmm...that's true. It would also be nice to view other responses from them as well.

I spend so much time on the game forums, I even forgot about the rest.

Thanks Tiltawhirl
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:51
Regular
They already give away 2 games and a DVD everyday.

Anyway you can win a GAD for reviewing albums, just post them in the DVD forum.
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:51
Regular
Not being funny, but they give away nearly £100 in prizes each day.

2 GADS @ £35-40 ea and 1 FAD @ £20-25 ea.
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:47
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Wouldn’t it be nice to see another GAD prize competition for us to participate in? I think so…

Think about it for a second or two…a GAD compo where you can discuss or review an album, a movie soundtrack, or even a game soundtrack of your choice. Whether it’s on the site or not; you can still review it, make a discussion, or both. It’s just like the ‘cheats’ section on the site; you type in the title, say what it’s based on (platform, movie, or group), then just submit a topic about it, or simply review it to your delight.

Sounds good in my opinion…and definitely one that I would love to take part in. Besides, there are so many people participating in the forums. Maybe it will be a good idea to space it out a little with a new competition.

I have noticed the ‘Extra Gameaday Prize’ competitions as well, but it does not look as though many members at GAD took much advantage of them; regardless to them being there for a limited time.

Just look how well the current GAD compos are going; they’re great. Each day I navigate the site; I see lots of great reviews, new submitted cheats, wonderful discussions. I am sure it won’t hurt to add another GAD prize competition on the site.

And who knows? It may have something for everyone…I’m sure. Look at it this way…everyone loves music, right? Of course they do. Who doesn’t? And almost everyone, including myself, loves to talk about which music score or game soundtrack is the best…so…I suppose giving this a try wouldn’t be so bad after all.

I just hope that Special Reserve will think of something. Regardless to the fact that I would like to win by posting this message, I also wrote this because I know that Special Reserve always value our opinion. They always advertise in their mags, requesting any particular idea(s) or changes we have that we are able to help them with, which could possibly make the site, as well as the stores even better.

Thanks for reading,

Son Of Liberty

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.