GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Censorship In Games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 10:18
Regular
Hi all, i was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out with a project i am doing on Censorhsip, please could answer the following questions:

1) Do you think games should be censored?

2) If so, why/why not?

3) Do u think games need violence to be more realistic?

4) Do u think that ELSP are being harsh on games? or not harsh enough?

5) Would games be the same if most of them were censored?

6) would the gamnes industry suffer massively from games being censored for various reasons

7) Do you think that parents are too harsh on their children?, or do you think people are influenced by the swearing/violence?

8) Are you happy with the current ratings for games such as GTA3?

any other comments would be appreciated,

Thanks very much :-)
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:18
Regular
"Touched!"
Hi all, i was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out with a project i am doing on Censorhsip, please could answer the following questions:

1) Do you think games should be censored?

2) If so, why/why not?

3) Do u think games need violence to be more realistic?

4) Do u think that ELSP are being harsh on games? or not harsh enough?

5) Would games be the same if most of them were censored?

6) would the gamnes industry suffer massively from games being censored for various reasons

7) Do you think that parents are too harsh on their children?, or do you think people are influenced by the swearing/violence?

8) Are you happy with the current ratings for games such as GTA3?

Thu 22/11/01 at 10:33
Regular
sPiKe2k wrote:
> Hi all, i was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out with a project
> i am doing on Censorhsip, please could answer the following questions:

1) Do
> you think games should be censored?
Nope why should they be?

2) If so, why/why not?
because they are only games they dot kill people

3) Do u
> think games need violence to be more realistic?
yes just look @ nintendo Mario 64 no violence and it isnt realistic

4) Do u think that ELSP are
> being harsh on games? or not harsh enough?
No i think they are to harsh on games

5) Would games be the same if
> most of them were censored?
No because it would be boring if it had bits cut out

6) would the gamnes industry suffer massively
> from games being censored for various reasons
Yep the makers would have lost a lot of time and money

7) Do you think that parents
> are too harsh on their children?, or do you think people are influenced by the
> swearing/violence?

Nope mine are fine about it because they know its only a game

8) Are you happy with the current ratings for games such
> as GTA3?
Yeh because ratings dont affect me even though i am under age i still get a game if its good

Devil may cry should be a 15

ok then
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:40
sPiKe2k wrote:
> Hi all, i was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind helping me out with a project

1) Do
Not really because there not real.

2) If so, why/why not?
There not real.

3) Do u
Depends on what kind of game it is.

Harsh on games

No because no onw would be able to play them

Yes

> are too harsh on their children?, or do you think people are influenced by the
> swearing/violence?
Parents are being to harsh on children there not just gonna come out and swear at them.

> as GTA3?
No because you can't buy it yourself in the shops but it won't influence us because its not real

They should make all the games with no cener thingys
Thu 22/11/01 at 10:49
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
sPiKe2k wrote:

1) Do

Yes, but in the same way as films are. Blood in a film does not necessary mean an 18 certificate

2) If so, why/why not?

To make it completely uncensored would mean an influx of poor quality games jumping on the sex/violence bandwagon to make a quick buck

3) Do u

Depending on aim of title - GTA3 is realistic enough but a war game such as Operation Flashpoint should be as realistic as possible as it is trying to recreate real events as opposed to GTA3 where violence is there for fun

Sometimes too harsh especially when the media get on the "evil games" bandwagon such as with Carmageddon

No, GTA3 is fun for an adult audience not for kiddywinks

Maybe slightly, but they are already censored

> swearing/violence?

What people see, hear does influence them in part but the biggest problem is the lack of input/discipline from parents to their children

> as GTA3?

Yes

Don`t listen to SSXPRO he is a censorship Nazi! LOL
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:00
Regular
"You Bum!!"
1) Do you think games should be censored?-No

2) If so, why/why not? -Because as people say games are not real. And it has been proven that normal people will not be influenced by violent content in games. In my view, violent games take your aggression out rather than make you more aggressive

3) Do u think games need violence to be more realistic?-I think that it should be more realistic but only in games that require to picture violent scenes realistically. Eg, Soldier Of Fortune reproduces violence very well and some games like Medal Of Honour (despite not having blood in it) still makes violence seem more "real"

4) Do u think that ELSP are being harsh on games? or not harsh enough? -Yes I think they are. Sometimes they censor games just because of the swearing-and c'mon every single child that is 16 knows the f word. So why make the game rating 18?

5) Would games be the same if most of them were censored? -No because they would not be as fun to play. I think its up to the parents if they let their kids to play violent games or not. If they dont care and dont look at the matter seriouly, then they are simply rubbish parents

6) would the gamnes industry suffer massively from games being censored for various reasons -I think it would because many people enjoy violent games and if they were censored we would be left with Army Men Sports Challenge and Babe:Pig In the City games

7) Do you think that parents are too harsh on their children?, or do you think people are influenced by the swearing/violence? -I think that its up to the parents what they let their kids play. They have to be aware of what their kids are in to and if they do not like their offspring playing a game, they shouldnt let them buy any violent games anymore.Some people are influenced by swearing and violence but most people in their right mind are not

8) Are you happy with the current ratings for games such as GTA3? - I am perfectly ok with the current ratings. AFter all, people who are under age still buy games like GTA3. Its really up to them:if they are prepared to play violent games, are sure that it wont have a bad effect on them and get an approval from their parents, I really cant see why they shouldnt be allowed to play games like GTA3
Sun 25/11/01 at 12:31
you are freaks, my little bro who is 9 goes around sayin the f word and plays games like resident evil, gta3,etc.. so no censorship in games should not exist and whoever thought of it deserves to be shot
Sun 25/11/01 at 12:38
Regular
ps2rulez2009 wrote:
> you are freaks, my little bro who is 9 goes around sayin the f word and plays
> games like resident evil, gta3,etc.. so no censorship in games should not exist
> and whoever thought of it deserves to be shot

you just contridicted your self
Sun 25/11/01 at 12:39
Regular
If any child can't recognize the difference between a game and reality, or if they see murders and carjackings in a game and think that this is acceptable behavior for school, or church, then they should be locked in a little padded room.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.