GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mafia II"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mafia II'.
Mon 23/08/10 at 14:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
Wondered if anyone else had tryed the demo and what your thoughts on it were? Personally, it feels abit like GTA to me. Although I enjoyed how you could die extremely easily, as I don't like these games were just because you're the main character, you can take more bullets than everyone else. I won't be buying it, not until it's come way down in price (I predict it will seeing as there doesn't seem to be much hype surrounding it's release).
Mon 23/08/10 at 14:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
Wondered if anyone else had tryed the demo and what your thoughts on it were? Personally, it feels abit like GTA to me. Although I enjoyed how you could die extremely easily, as I don't like these games were just because you're the main character, you can take more bullets than everyone else. I won't be buying it, not until it's come way down in price (I predict it will seeing as there doesn't seem to be much hype surrounding it's release).
Mon 23/08/10 at 15:16
Regular
"And in last place.."
I played the demo over the weekend and I rather enjoyed it.It doesn't seem to be anything new but I just liked the look and feel of it. I do have reservations after losing interest in The Godfather 2 but I'm still tempted.

And no reviews so close to release always raises a little glimmer of doubt.
Tue 24/08/10 at 09:41
Regular
I'll just leave a link to Eurogamer's review... here.
Tue 24/08/10 at 10:05
Regular
"And in last place.."
I saw that review. I've also seen a 9 so it seems to be covering quite a range of scores.
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:19
Regular
"How Ironic"
IGN seem to give every new game a high score. They gave it 7/10.

Playing the demo, I wasn't very impressed. The thing that got me the most was the car control, it's ridiculously easy. Seriously, download the demo, and try the cars out. You can wiggle about side to side and you still keep control, when you should really be spinning out.
Tue 24/08/10 at 15:56
Regular
"And in last place.."
I prefer a less realistic car handling in this sort of game, it makes the car chases more fun, I want to handbrake round corners with the police right behind and not have to worry about whether I'm going to spin the car or not.
Tue 24/08/10 at 16:45
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I've been waiting for this for a while now and will get it on Saturday. Seems to be getting okish reviews but I think it's the sort of game I'll enjoy.
Tue 24/08/10 at 17:15
Regular
"How Ironic"
Looking forward to LA Noire more myself... think I'll wait for that to come out.
Wed 25/08/10 at 13:25
Regular
"And in last place.."
Mafia 2 gets another 4

Another 4

A lot of the time I tend to agree with this guy's reviews so it's looking like Mafia 2 could be relegated to the 'rental' category for me.
Thu 26/08/10 at 22:33
Regular
"How Ironic"
Alot of the reviews seem to point out how the game is trying to imitate the classic mafia films. The typical 'mafia' storyline looks like it's killed the game off. Would like to ask though; how can you make a Mafia game without it being somewhat similar to the mafia stories we've already heard? That's what the mafia is. Certainly won't be buying after the amount of reviews I've checked though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.