GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Waiting"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 23:51
Regular
Spaceworld 2000 a very long time ago now when the Gamecube was first announced. Oh how I longed for one, just one right then and there. It tormented me I stacked 9 CD cases up high, is that really it's size, bloody hell that's amazing. I... I... need one but no, I must be patient and

Wait.

Then what does this little beauty do, it mocks me it mocks you two. Look at these Resident Evil screenshots look at them, their nice aren't they, do you want to play it. WELL YOU CAN'T! Can't please I must play them now, what other choice do I have all I can do is

Wait.

Then the Japanese get it the Americans they flaunt it in front of our noises, we have it you don't. It's unbearable, I must have one, and I know I'll order one. No American online retailer stocks them, the English ones charge £350, I mean yes I would do anything for one but I can't afford it, I can't claim any possible future Gamecube Gameaday's. So whilst the Americans are playing Luigi's mansion. I'm just sitting here.

Waiting.

Then the Spring 2002 date looks threatened. June... No! September NO! October!?!?!?!? I couldn't cope I mean that's unfair. In this eventuality what would I do???? N64 is great I’m playing it today but these Gamecube games they look so much better. Maybe an X-box??? That would do if GameCube comes out in 7 months (or a YEAR) but that isn't Nintendo, they are different to other companies so x-box might help but... that's not what im craving for, is it. So as x-box fans get there console will I be playing my Gamecube or will I be,

Waiting.

My Brother is in his room I can hear Smackdown 3 I can here FIFA 2002 they do look good, he's playing his dream machine as I look on. I am Jealous of my Brother not because he has a PS2 no I don't want one, but he's got his favourite console, he's enjoying his next gen beast. I'm just sitting.

Waiting.

It's like a prison, the Gamecube's locked up, waiting to be set free, his release to the world hasn't been set yet I’m the wife, the brother, the friend. Waiting for his release, but how would I prepare for his release? I know I’ll save. Save so when it does come out it will be a brilliant day, I could get 3 controller, a scart lead, 2-4 games, 2 memory cards... yeah I’ll save. A small money box set up, money going into the bank, I got a job. I'm saving it will be a great release but until the release happens I better sit.

Wait.

So as Christmas draws closer, my present a TV noting more nothing less, a small portable one. That’s fine but where is Nintendo, GBA is awesome, great couldn’t be away from it but… It doesn’t seem as special as that Gamecube that console just out of my grasp. Thinking of Smash Brother’s Melee makes me feel sad, I won’t get it for months yet all I can do is

Wait.

Sitting, waiting, dreaming, watching, hoping, saving that is all I can do as the release of the Gamecube draws closer and closer.

Here’s to Waiting

Dringo.
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:51
Regular
Spaceworld 2000 a very long time ago now when the Gamecube was first announced. Oh how I longed for one, just one right then and there. It tormented me I stacked 9 CD cases up high, is that really it's size, bloody hell that's amazing. I... I... need one but no, I must be patient and

Wait.

Then what does this little beauty do, it mocks me it mocks you two. Look at these Resident Evil screenshots look at them, their nice aren't they, do you want to play it. WELL YOU CAN'T! Can't please I must play them now, what other choice do I have all I can do is

Wait.

Then the Japanese get it the Americans they flaunt it in front of our noises, we have it you don't. It's unbearable, I must have one, and I know I'll order one. No American online retailer stocks them, the English ones charge £350, I mean yes I would do anything for one but I can't afford it, I can't claim any possible future Gamecube Gameaday's. So whilst the Americans are playing Luigi's mansion. I'm just sitting here.

Waiting.

Then the Spring 2002 date looks threatened. June... No! September NO! October!?!?!?!? I couldn't cope I mean that's unfair. In this eventuality what would I do???? N64 is great I’m playing it today but these Gamecube games they look so much better. Maybe an X-box??? That would do if GameCube comes out in 7 months (or a YEAR) but that isn't Nintendo, they are different to other companies so x-box might help but... that's not what im craving for, is it. So as x-box fans get there console will I be playing my Gamecube or will I be,

Waiting.

My Brother is in his room I can hear Smackdown 3 I can here FIFA 2002 they do look good, he's playing his dream machine as I look on. I am Jealous of my Brother not because he has a PS2 no I don't want one, but he's got his favourite console, he's enjoying his next gen beast. I'm just sitting.

Waiting.

It's like a prison, the Gamecube's locked up, waiting to be set free, his release to the world hasn't been set yet I’m the wife, the brother, the friend. Waiting for his release, but how would I prepare for his release? I know I’ll save. Save so when it does come out it will be a brilliant day, I could get 3 controller, a scart lead, 2-4 games, 2 memory cards... yeah I’ll save. A small money box set up, money going into the bank, I got a job. I'm saving it will be a great release but until the release happens I better sit.

Wait.

So as Christmas draws closer, my present a TV noting more nothing less, a small portable one. That’s fine but where is Nintendo, GBA is awesome, great couldn’t be away from it but… It doesn’t seem as special as that Gamecube that console just out of my grasp. Thinking of Smash Brother’s Melee makes me feel sad, I won’t get it for months yet all I can do is

Wait.

Sitting, waiting, dreaming, watching, hoping, saving that is all I can do as the release of the Gamecube draws closer and closer.

Here’s to Waiting

Dringo.
Thu 22/11/01 at 00:56
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Nice post. That's exactly how I felt when I had a Megadrive, and was waiting for the N64, all those years ago.

This time round though, I don't think I'll be buying a next gen console. Too much money for something I'll only be able to play on for a few months a year.
Thu 22/11/01 at 01:13
Regular
I'm not really that bothered about waiting for the Gamecube. I've got a PS2 and that is keeping me occupied just fine.

BUt i only got it becasue the Gamecube was delayed. If we had got a 2001 release of Gamecube then i would have skipped the PS2 and gone straight for Gamecube. But It seems tradition for Nintendo to delay things.

I just wonder how many customers Nintendo have lost to Sony in the Uk becasue of this. I am one for that matter. I was a true Ninty a few months back, but now i dont really give a toss, becasue Ninty doesnt seem to give a toss about us. I know they give all this "we need to assess how the Gamecube sells in the USA" blah blah blah...but surly they knew way in advance the Gamecube was gonna sell well from all the pre-orders.

I am a bit annoyed about this, but its not major. I will still be getting a Gamecube, but maybe not at launch.

I will definitly get one when Perfect dark Zero and Wrestlemania 2002 come out, but i will have to see the confirmed launch line up if i am to get one on launch day.
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:39
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
XBOX looks very decent but its a shame about the price tag
Thu 22/11/01 at 12:41
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Dringo waits thats what he does. Tick follow tock follow............ oh, sorry. Just reminds me of that Guinness advert, thats all.
Thu 22/11/01 at 13:06
Regular
"not dead"
I'm too busy to even think about waiting.

I look forward to it sometimes, but I've so much else to be getting on with it will be here before I know it!
Thu 22/11/01 at 14:32
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> I'm too busy to even think about waiting.

I look forward to it sometimes, but
> I've so much else to be getting on with it will be here before I know it!

Ahhh the evident signs of a man growing up through to his late 20's? Wishing he had more time to do all the things he never even knew he wanted to do! i think i shall soon be joining you!
Thu 22/11/01 at 15:31
Regular
"not dead"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:

Ahhh the evident signs of a man growing up
> through to his late 20's?

Early to mid 20's if you don't mind :-)

(24)
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:17
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Dringo waits thats what he does. Tick follow tock follow............ oh, sorry.
> Just reminds me of that Guinness advert, thats all.

I wondered who would be the first to say that :)
Fri 23/11/01 at 00:18
Regular
So Dringo what are you doing now???

Waiting!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.