GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My thoughts on Deportivo VS Arsenal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
Isn't Roy Makaay ugly?
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
"not dead"
Isn't Roy Makaay ugly?
Thu 22/11/01 at 00:15
Regular
k...Anyway, I think a lot of critism has been put Barthez's way this season, but look at Wright in the Arsenal goal. The guy is playing like a complete buffoon.

From the top of my head i can remember him scoring an own goal against Charlton, fumbling poyet's shoit to gift Spurs a point, and now he gets beat at his near post from outside the area! which is unforgiveable.

I think he is under a lot of pressure, as he is trying to play well to keep his place. BUt apparently he is playing through with an injury...should he really be playing at all?
Thu 22/11/01 at 09:26
"High polygon count"
No denying Arsenal were pee-poor last night - again - especially in the first half.

The comparisons between Wright and Barthez aren't really fair, though. He has obviously made some glaring errors, which any team could do without, let alone one hoping to challenge for the Premiership and the Champion's League.

But it needs to be remembered that Wright is a young, up-and-coming keeper still learning his trade, while Barthez is - supposedly - one of the worlds best keepers.

Every goalkeeper will make mistakes occasionally, and that's forgivable - but the frequency and nature of Barthez' c***-ups are not so easily forgivable for a player of his supposed standard. While he is undoubtably a good keeper, his antics for me place him alongside Grobbelar in the goalkeeping ranks - i.e. a clown in a football kit! :-)
Thu 22/11/01 at 13:54
Regular
Give Richard Wright a break, the man showed glimpses of a world class keeper against the spurs. He basically gave us a draw, spurs are a middle rate team and they mad arsenal look dreadful.

The big question is arsenal as a whole, we have only two world class players (Henry, Vieira) and if we keep playing like this they are going to leave and we are going to end up like the spurs.

On the subject of Barthez, he is a fool and let him carry on like that. For if he does we can beat them.

All I have left to say is COME ON ARSENAL!! lets beat the man u scum on sunday.
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:39
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Wright looks poor in goal. He can't keep making blunders every game. I'd forgive a couple for a young keeper but this is beyond a joke (Charlton, Spurs, La Coruna in quick succession).

And our two world class players are Henry and Viera? I don't think so! Viera has barely stepped up to looking mediocre this season. He hasn't taken control of the midfield, he constantly gives the ball away, gets caught needlessly, is a joke as a captain and can rarely even keep a shot down. Not what I'd call world class.

I can't believe that anyone could watch him this year and class him above Robert Pires who, while inconsistent, is capable of being one of the finest in Europe.
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:18
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
loki wrote:
> Wright looks poor in goal. He can't keep making blunders every game. I'd
> forgive a couple for a young keeper but this is beyond a joke (Charlton, Spurs,
> La Coruna in quick succession).

Wright had a knee problem and Wenger admitted that he should not of selected Wright for the game.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:56
Regular
loki wrote:
And our two world class players are Henry and
> Viera? I don't think so! Viera has barely stepped up to looking mediocre this
> season. He hasn't taken control of the midfield, he constantly gives the ball
> away, gets caught needlessly, is a joke as a captain and can rarely even keep a
> shot down. Not what I'd call world class.

Are you talking about the Vieira that plays for arsenal? If we didn't have this man at arsenal, along with Henry and Robert Pires (i'll give u that) we would be well below midtable this season.
Sat 21/08/10 at 17:29
Regular
We are meeting at 9 o clock for a local ride, route to be decided, the Llandegla ride will be on another day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.