GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Bermuda Triangle."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/08/10 at 21:12
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
I was just wondering what everyones views were concerning this 'phenomenon'. It's something I've been interested in since I was quite young, and I find the mysteries it holds to be quite intruiging.

I watched a program about this last night, and what I found really interesting about it was that it had reasonable explanations for some of these mysteries.

One explanation for some of these 'dissapearances' is the Gulf Stream which flows past the coast of Florida. The instance that was talked about on the program was about an old British Warship that was sunk by a U-Boat in WW2, however the wreckage was discovered 200 miles north of where the ship went down. The Gulf Stream actually had the strength to carry a ship of that size that huge distance, so if you think of all those smaller boats that have gone missing in that area, just think how far they could have been carried, so that could explain at least some of the dissapearances of ships.

Another explanation for the majority of other ships dissapearances is something called a 'rogue wave'. These are freak waves that can appear as if out of no-where and could capsize a ship in seconds, therefore giving the crew no time to radio for assistance.

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but from what I could gather, these waves are created when a split wave rejoins and the speed of this impact then creates this massive wave, which then gains momentum causing the 'rogue wave'.

If I understood that correctly, then the island of Bermuda could split these waves and they would re-connect on the other side of Bermuda, within the Triangles boundries, and anything caught in this wave would just vanish into 'thin air'

So that could be another explanation.

But what about the many planes that have vanished?

Perhaps one of the the most famous dissapearances is that of Flight 19, which was a squadron of 5 WW2 fighter planes that went out on a practise flight. All of these planes had experimental navigational equiptment on board, mainly two compasses that were meant to be 'fail safe'.

According to radio recordings , the planes became enveloped in a sudden heavy fog, and then all of the planes' two compasses failed . It is theorised that this was caused by magnetic effects caused by solar flares.

According to various sightings at the time, the planes were seen miles off course out in the ocean. But later reports put the planes heading in the opposite direction, inland. So this means they are either in the ocean within the Bermuda Triangle, or they crashed in a swamped area to the west of Florida.

So did some sort of magnetic force interfere with this new equiptment, or did it simply fail and the US government used the Bermuda Triangle as a cover-up to save themselves the embarresment of admitting their equiptment cost the lives of 5 pilots, and the pilot of the rescue plane that was sent out to search for them, which also mysteriously vanished?

I think that most of these incidents will have perfectly rational explanations and we will unravel more answers with advances in technology, but there was still one case that could not be explained at all.

A pilot and two of his mates were flying to Miami from somewhere like Peurto Rico (can't quite remember), a journey which should have taken about 3 hours or so. However it's reported that his plane got caught in some sort of electrified mist and some sort of tunnel appeared in front of him and he followed it. Next thing he knew he appeared out the other end, over the coast of Miami. Only a few minutes had passed yet he had travelled hundreds of miles from his last location.

His plane was capable of just under 200mph yet to travel the distance he went within that timeframe, he had to have been going at 2000mph. All of the flight recordings and fuel consumption even support his claims. So how do we explain this one?

But if you look at many reports, the Bermuda Triangle doesn't actually have an abnormally high level of sinking ships in comparison to other areas of the ocean, and when you consider that the area within the Bermuda Triangle is actually one of the most used routes for shipping in the world, then the percentage of lost vessels in this area is relatively low.

So is the Bermuda Triangle actually some sort of weird 'zone' on Earth where the effects on Earth and Space are most noticable (although it's been proven that the closer to the equator you go, the Suns Solar Flares have less magnetic effect), or is it just now simply a cash cow for theorists and authors the world over?

Either way it's still interesting to contemplate on some of the stranger occurances, like the 'time warping plane', and it keeps people like me interested in something else that is just unexplicable.

(For now at least)
Mon 24/09/12 at 19:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
... and also published a rather 'interesting' set of comic books.
Mon 24/09/12 at 19:49
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Erich von Daniken ... at your service :¬)

That's the fella...

I believe it was actually him that was responsible for much of the "end of the world" theorising with regard to the Mayan calendar. Made a big show of it being "proven by historical fact", badly reproduced a large number of Mayan carvings and claimed they were pictures of spaceships, and went on to "prove" that most of the ancient civilisations were actually aliens.
Mon 24/09/12 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Erich von Daniken ... at your service :¬)
Mon 24/09/12 at 18:03
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
I lost all respect for the Bermuda Triangle myth when i found out who originally put the theory for it forward...

"Doctor" Edwin Case...

His mates just call him Ed...

Clever skimming of essential facts, over- exaggerated emphasis on points of minor importance and a lot of hype result in this sort of thing all the time (I give you "Chariots of the Gods").

Might just as well believe in the Loch Ness Monster- there's more evidence for it.
Mon 24/09/12 at 17:33
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I saw a demonstration many years ago but can't remember the specifics of it. Essentially it showed that (unknown) gas chambers on the seabed could either ruin the buoyancy of the water (essentially making it an anti-Dead Sea) or that once that gas reached the surface, the change in air pressure basically pushed everything down into the water.
Mon 24/09/12 at 14:36
Regular
Wow!!! I really like everything that you said!... I find this topic very interesting.... I just saw a documentary about this as well... And yeah I agree with you about the tunnel thing.. that is quite strange... however there was another case that surprised me as well...( besides de flight 19) ..... the 1980 case of Jose Jiemenez I think that was his name ( do not remember very well).. but he was the one who called Mayday, that was very interesting too. But as I said.. I really liked what you said... it seems like you know about this topic... I have always been interested in this since I was a little girl... but never really investigated that much.
Thu 01/03/12 at 14:04
Regular
who's smart now!tatooedgamer
XD
Thu 01/03/12 at 13:56
Regular
ok
Thu 01/03/12 at 13:52
Regular
i got what the mystery is!!! i solved the dissaperance of boats!
Tue 24/08/10 at 19:34
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Butch wrote:
> Interesting stuff, I agree. It's a shame this topic hasn't been
> read more often as it really is well put across.

Thanks Butch, I think I maybe made it a little too long as I did go on a bit of a rant :)

> I personally think that Gulf Stream explanation is the most
> likely. Occam's razor would dictate the ships and planes cannot
> be found because they are looking in the wrong place.

This makes the most sense to me too, along with bad weather, rogue waves and poor navigation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.