GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Developers Putting The Effort In Anymore?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/08/00 at 20:04
Regular
Okay guys, the current topics have become stagnant and boring, so as an attempt to freshen up the topics within the forum, I've decided to start by asking if the current crop of developers are putting the effort in anymore.

I ask this because I recently purchased an import version of WWF Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast and to be quite honest, this game is terrible!

To me, Yukes/THQ didn't seem to make any attempt to create a decent wrestling title, that could be on par with the likes of Smackdown or Wrestlemania 2000. Sadly, this game reminded me of Attitude and I thought that game SUCKED!

Another good example would be; Do we really want to see another Tomb Raider game? or another FIFA? or another Doom clone?

I mean, you don't have to remind me that these guys are out to make as much as they can off of a title. But using the same formula over and over again? It's getting boring.

Thoughts?

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!
Tue 22/08/00 at 00:35
The Sims is an UNBELIEVABLY good game,
Thats why I bought it.
Mon 21/08/00 at 22:12
Well i'll take your heart, brain and lungs because there will be a Doom3! So that sounds fun. Wrestling is hilarious, i thought that was the point? entertainment? yes... The Sims i know it sounds ridiculous but it's an original game and is really brilliant if you bother to play it, and the downloads you can get increase the fun!
Mon 21/08/00 at 21:41
It doesn't need to be original, providing it's good. I'd give 3 vital organs for a play on the following:
FFIX
MGS2
Doom 3 (yes! gimme hordes!)
etc
Mon 21/08/00 at 13:00
Regular
I can't play or watch wrestling without laughing my head off. The sims, if you write down what it is about - a simulation where you use people to eat sleep work and play, while you watch - it doesn't sound too exciting does it? But then it is one of the biggest selling games of this year so far. Also while there are few orgininal titles coming out, there are hundreds of clones of games to compensate.
Mon 21/08/00 at 10:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Nah man, I hated Attitude - worst wrestler I've played. WWF Royal Rumble comes a close second though.

I make you right though Gronti, most of the decent wrestling titles do seem to be on the N64. Although Smackdown 2: Know Your Role on the PlayStation looks quite promising.
Sun 20/08/00 at 22:59
Okay, sorry about this... You didn't like Attitude? ah well, no just wait for WWF: No Mercy it's like Wrestlemania 2000 but more game modes and so forth (I'm talking N64 by the way where all the good wrestling games hang out).
Sun 20/08/00 at 22:56
oh, damn forgot! The Sims, now that's original (and it's ridiculous how good it is!).
Sun 20/08/00 at 22:54
There is originality! Look Black & White, go forth and research! What else? well recent RPGs have been original and continue to be original in content if not style! Neverwinter nights is looking very original, you get to be the gamesmaster don't you know! Great, so now go out and look at games titles and you'll see originality in theme, content, style and all sorts of different kinds of originality! Right too much use of the word originality. So, the answer is... YES!
Sun 20/08/00 at 20:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
*thinking*

First one who thinks of it becomes a multi-millionaire :)

*thinking hard*

*thinking harder*

*still thinking* :/

B/leeders
Kill Piracy!
Sun 20/08/00 at 20:10
Regular
I think its about time we needed a new genre. Problem is, can you think of any? Ignore the dance-em-ups from japan, and the obscure girlfriend simulator, we need an imaginative, clever and very appealing genre that will totally revolutionise gaming.
Um..
Ah...
Yes!!... Well actually... No that won't work...
Ah well....
No ideas...
Anyone?
Grix out - back in 15 mins

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.