GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's nothing new......"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/08/00 at 19:50
Regular
I recently played on a PS2 in the Chelsford Special Reserve store. Although the machine it's self isn't as ugly as it looks hte in pictures it's still nothing special. The two game that were avalible to play were Teken Tag and Ridge Racer 5 (note: both sequals. Both had quite nice graphics but not as good as i was expecting but still... However when it came to playing them i was even less mpressed. Don't get me wrong they were both fun to play, but there was nothing special about them. They just seemed to be playstation games with better graphics. Which on a machine which is more powerful than the DC is not impressive. There was nothing there saying "Come and buy me, I'm better than th rest!!".
The pads were also no different to the PS pads. I quite like the PS pads but this is ment to be a nextgen machine and if Sony can't be bothered to produce a new and better pad than that in my book is not good enough.
So what am I trying to say here?? Well basicly that for me there was nothing different, apart from better graphics, from the first PS to make me want to but one, it's not a bad machine by anymeans but still with a next gen machien i want somthing new. The SAturn, PS and the N64 all offered excciting 3D world which at the time was cool. The DC offers interent access, although not at it's best at the mo, which has got potential. But what about the PS2?? errm it's got DVD but so have Pc's and that's not a huge selling point is it??
Sun 20/08/00 at 19:50
I recently played on a PS2 in the Chelsford Special Reserve store. Although the machine it's self isn't as ugly as it looks hte in pictures it's still nothing special. The two game that were avalible to play were Teken Tag and Ridge Racer 5 (note: both sequals. Both had quite nice graphics but not as good as i was expecting but still... However when it came to playing them i was even less mpressed. Don't get me wrong they were both fun to play, but there was nothing special about them. They just seemed to be playstation games with better graphics. Which on a machine which is more powerful than the DC is not impressive. There was nothing there saying "Come and buy me, I'm better than th rest!!".
The pads were also no different to the PS pads. I quite like the PS pads but this is ment to be a nextgen machine and if Sony can't be bothered to produce a new and better pad than that in my book is not good enough.
So what am I trying to say here?? Well basicly that for me there was nothing different, apart from better graphics, from the first PS to make me want to but one, it's not a bad machine by anymeans but still with a next gen machien i want somthing new. The SAturn, PS and the N64 all offered excciting 3D world which at the time was cool. The DC offers interent access, although not at it's best at the mo, which has got potential. But what about the PS2?? errm it's got DVD but so have Pc's and that's not a huge selling point is it??
Sun 20/08/00 at 20:28
Regular
I totally agree. It all seems like nostalgia doesn't it? I mean, all we are seeing are remakes of games only with better graphics, (with the exception of MGS) it needs orgininality (or-ridge-in-ali-tee: say it with me) and that is seriously lacking.
Grix drunk and unconsious.
Sun 20/08/00 at 21:58
Come on, so you played some of the first games for the PS2, and you were'nt impressed.I can't say I'm not impressed, the games you played are very bassic compared to the games that will eventually be released on PS2.Titles like "The dreamland chronicles" "The Bouncer" and "The getaway" are going to blow you're minds!!!!!Believe me when I say "You ain't seen nothing yet"!!!!!What you saw was the beggining of something big!!Just think how far the PSX graphics have come on in 5yrs, and thats a puny little thing compared to the PS2, no this time next year you'll be munching on those words!!believe me.ARTY
Sun 20/08/00 at 23:08
5 YEARS ARTY, FIVE WHOLE YEARS.
If thats how long we will have to wait, the PS2 will have met its demise....
Mon 21/08/00 at 00:06
If, you read it properly I said this time next year!!!!!!And 5Yrs from now it'll still be going strong,so don't worry you're sorry a55 about that!!!!!As is the PSX, the prof of the pudding and all that.
Mon 21/08/00 at 12:52
Regular
In 5 years time we will probably have a new console race! The playstation was released about 5 years ago (wasn't it? I can't remember now) and it will be out of date soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.