GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War huh, what is is good for? say it again now......"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 20:13
Regular
After weeks and weeks of bombing the 'poo' out of afganistan, and letting the northern alliance (who i dont think are any better than the taliban) take over the country, have we got osma bin laden?

No. We have thousands of dead children and women though, if you want to see what idiotic wars cause.

Laden legged it ages ago, but america went ahead, and blair the sheep didnt even bother to say anything - he works for the US not the UK. Bombing has achieved nothing but MORE resentment from muslims against the far too decadent societies of the west. And the worst part of it is, no one will say sorry. Bush doesnt care about the dead, neither does blair. Bunch of flipping (censored) if you ask me.
Mon 16/08/10 at 21:14
Evenin......

Well, we've only got five Weds night rides left before lights on!

Meet at the Hare & Hounds for a 6pm prompt departure.
Route to be decided.

Team Adrenaline
07972 710 440
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:43
Regular
This is a democracy, we vote for the gaovernments, and our votes give them a mandate to govern any way they like. We gave them the mandate to go into Afghanistan with America, whether it would have been any different under another party or not is irrelevent.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:41
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> Those of us who are of voteing age and take part in the democratic system all
> have to accept a portion of responsibility.

I don't think we do.

Whichever part had been voted in (remember, we can;t vote for the leaders of the parties) would have done EXACTLY the same as Blair is doing.

Why?

Because of the relations between the UK and the US, because of Bush's "Your either with us, or against us" policy.

The new (ish) conservative leader (can't remember his name off the top of my head) has said he supports what Blair is doing totally.

So if the Conservatives had won the election, we'd still be in the same situation.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:22
Regular
Those of us who are of voteing age and take part in the democratic system all have to accept a portion of responsibility.
Thu 22/11/01 at 11:12
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Edwin27 wrote:
And sheepy, as we are part of this country, we must take some blame for our governments idiotic actions. Doing nothing is just as bad as doing the damage.

I don't think I should take any blame to tell you the truth... I have sound morals with a minority but whatever happens, either a Communist state or a Socialst state they'll be pulled apart by the human actions of few people...

People living in Kabul who could be pacifists and don't want to be classed as Afgans etc... they didn't asked to be classed but it didn't stop them being blown up did it.

So I don't link myself to this at all, patrioism (sp) sucks.

I think i got my point accross there.
Thu 22/11/01 at 09:59
Regular
Edwin27 wrote:
I notice the women still wear giant black robes. Lots of
> freedom there.

Good point. But I think you'll find it's because they dare not do it, they're not used to freedom.

It's like if you have a new pet dog. To start with it tries to escape, then after you've had it a while it doesn't try to.

When it's old, you could open the door and try to push it out, but it won't go, as it's used to being in the house.

Not a great analogy I know, but it's the best I could think of at this time of the morning.

In ww1, on christmas day, the germans
> and the british got out of the trenches and played football. Then they went back
> and shot each other.

But all of those people were in the army out of choice - to an extent.

The people living under the Taliban had no choice. If you spoke out, you were either killed or put in jail.

just because some restrictions have changed while the
> worlds eye is on the country, doesnt mean the NA wont be just as bad as the
> tailban in different ways when we all leave the country.

This is true. Which is why we need to help (help NOT tell them what to do) them set up a government of people representing the whole of the country. All the different sorts of people there need to have a representative.

As soon as the "war" is over, the real task weill begin. The task of helping these people, educate them, clothe them, help feed them etc, until they can get back on their own feet.
Thu 22/11/01 at 08:09
Regular
I agree with Sheepy, you can't possibly include all Britons in a sweeping statement like 'we'. Pacifists are Britons, and they have nothing to do with the war. I agree that something needed to be done, Afganistan was a massive breach of human rights, and Bin Ladan was the... well, excuse to go in.

But people who don't agree with war in general always get involved anyway. Look at World World One, where pacifists were sent to jail just because they believed it was wrong. That's like saying 'Our official religion is Christian, you are not Christian, you go to jail now.' Madness. Shows how we have rule by majority, which tends to quash minority parties who have something relevant to say. I blame it on Labour. I always do anyway...
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:14
Your Honour wrote:
> Well, I believe some people appriciate what's going on.

Just check out the
> pictures in the paper of people cheering in the streets, queuing up to get their
> beards shaved off (which was illegal under the Taliban).

I notice the women still wear giant black robes. Lots of freedom there.

People playing
> football, having fun, and generally appearing to enjoy themselves slightly.

In ww1, on christmas day, the germans and the british got out of the trenches and played football. Then they went back and shot each other.

just because some restrictions have changed while the worlds eye is on the country, doesnt mean the NA wont be just as bad as the tailban in different ways when we all leave the country.

And sheepy, as we are part of this country, we must take some blame for our governments idiotic actions. Doing nothing is just as bad as doing the damage.
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Edwin27 wrote:
After weeks and weeks of bombing the 'poo' out of afganistan, and letting the northern alliance (who i dont think are any better than the taliban) take over the country, have we got osma bin laden?

Probably non-intenial but what do you mean "we"?

Its something I'm becomign quite sick of... how we Britains have our special forces going in who are trained killers for goodness sake. I can't been linked with these murdering, moronic fools.

I live in Britain... only as I was born here... doesn't mean I agree that we should be bombing, or thr rest of the population (although it wouldn't surprise me), have we had a vote? No so stop calling it "we"

Not at you in general mate just sent me off :)
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:06
Regular
Well, I believe some people appriciate what's going on.

Just check out the pictures in the paper of people cheering in the streets, queuing up to get their beards shaved off (which was illegal under the Taliban).

People playing football, having fun, and generally appearing to enjoy themselves slightly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.