GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What shall I buy? Ecks vs Sever or Doom?!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 19:42
Regular
I'm going to get Mario kart super circurt and another game either Ecks or Doom. I don,t like it being to hard. I just want a good challenge. I don,t like too much gore. HHEEELLPP!!!!!
Thu 22/11/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Whatever!"
Doom is an excellent version of the original and a must have!! However I seem to prefer the look of Ecks vs Sever, for the single player mode anyway!! Both are great games but I would go for Ecks!!
Wed 21/11/01 at 21:15
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Doom, if you like Mutiplayer Mayhem, Then Doom Your Choice :)

But the Looks of Eks vs Sever look Nice, Near 3D looking, Its then again. if you want a more serious game, Eks vs Sever is in your hands.

but both of them I've heard are great games, I've played that Doom 95 version on the PC, and at school we use the School network to play a 4 player, I found since I've played the 4 player network really Fun! not only that as its the GBA playing in car or on the move could never be so much fun.
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:38
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Ecks vs Sever is the better of the two a decent contender against doom i'm gonna get it. (i wish Lylatwars came out for the GBA)
Wed 21/11/01 at 20:18
According to magazines I've read, Ecks Vs Sever is the better of the two.

Although I'm going to play them both before judging them.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:53
Heres a quick run down of the 2

DOOM
for a start Multiplayer support (more than one cartridge required though) gore level turned down since the PC version green blood appears when enemies get shot.
bodies don't lie there permanently any more.
3 Chapters to choose with about 10 episodes in each
Loads of guns to choose including the famous rocket launcher and BFG
Co-operative mode in multi player so you can work with a friend blasting monsters

Ecks Vs Sever

single cartridge multiplayer only one level though and character
loads of guns including the famous AK-37
Choose Ecks or Sever
No gore at all (Boring in my case)
graphics arn't as blocky at times
Back grounds look better than doom
about 13 missions plus secret missions

your choice over all i would pick DOOM cause i like blasting monsters. Ecks Vs Sever has a good set of missions though including stealth missions or just plain blasting everything in sight

hope that helps

Seeya
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:42
Regular
I'm going to get Mario kart super circurt and another game either Ecks or Doom. I don,t like it being to hard. I just want a good challenge. I don,t like too much gore. HHEEELLPP!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.