GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 or dvd player"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 18:34
Regular
Is it worth buying a brand new dvd player or a ps2 for the same price. Well i got a ps2 earlier on this year and i think that the dvd on it is stunning. Even though dvd PLAYERs are made for DVDs they are still a little expensive for really just the one job don't you think?
Fri 13/08/10 at 22:35
Evenin........

We're having a look at Worsthorne this Sunday am :-)

Meet at Hurstwood car park at 09:30
This run is a good mix sheer grunt and pleasure with all sorts of terrain.
The XC sections are challenging and fun :-)

All that have done this run agree that its a cracker of a ride ;-)

Ring if you need directions or meet to follow us in.
07972 710 440
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:20
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I agree with Dr Gonzo. If you have tons of DVD titles and spend alot of money watching films then a stand alone DVD is better than a PS2. Iam an occasional watcher of DVD's and have bought 2 and will be getting Shrek and a few others. The PS2 is fine for that but for people like Dr Gonzo a standalone player will give you better quality and the ability to set up a brilliant sound system. The PS2 is a brilliant piece of kit as for £200 you get a decent DVD player which is to the standards of a standalone player of the same value and a games console. As Dr Gonzo said its really what you use it for. I only bought the 2 DVD's because I had a PS2, if the PS2 didnt play DVD movies I wouldnt buy a standalone player. But as the PS2 comes with the ability to play DVD's it gives me a facility that other wise I wouldnt have bothered with.
Fri 23/11/01 at 10:41
I think you should get a PS2 then you can have twice the fun in getting a PS2 then you can play games and watch a DVD in the same console. What is the point in buying just a DVD player when you can play on the PS2 as well. So definatly get a PS2
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:09
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
deoends - if you only want to watch movies then a dvd player - if you want both - a ps2 simple

whatever really - the ps2 is great
Thu 22/11/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
irishdan wrote:
>Even
> though dvd PLAYERs are made for DVDs they are still a little expensive for
> really just the one job don't you think?

I've spent about a grand on my overall DVD set-up, when TV and sound system are added into the fray - and would/will spend more up grading it when I get some more free cash.

However, I have nearly 200 DVDs and would watch about one a day. In that case it isn't too much. However, if you never watch film, spending a penny on a DVD player is too much as you'll never use it. You over simplify the issue methinks.
Wed 21/11/01 at 23:20
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Bonus wrote:
> The PS2 DVD player will never compete with a DVD player which costs £300
> or more, but it does sit quite highly in the rankings for players around the
> £200 mark, especially if you get a DVD Region X and playback the DVD
> through a RGB connection (in full colour).

And it makes it multi-Regional and it also plays RCE DVD's which some Stand alone DVD multi-Regional players cant do.
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:00
Regular
The PS2 DVD player will never compete with a DVD player which costs £300 or more, but it does sit quite highly in the rankings for players around the £200 mark, especially if you get a DVD Region X and playback the DVD through a RGB connection (in full colour).
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have a Toshiba DVD which cost me 300 quid about a year and a half ago and I'm getting a PS2 extremely soon. Might even order it tonight.
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:34
Is it worth buying a brand new dvd player or a ps2 for the same price. Well i got a ps2 earlier on this year and i think that the dvd on it is stunning. Even though dvd PLAYERs are made for DVDs they are still a little expensive for really just the one job don't you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.