GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Day!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/11/01 at 18:01
Regular
Oh yeah, I've come up with a brilliant idea that'll truly rock the world we live in today. For many years we have witnessed and most of us have participated in yearly festivities or celebrations. There's christmas, easter, valentine's, indepence and even Mardi Gras day, so why not a gaming day?! The hugely loved form of art would be taken a step forward, and be much more appreciated if it was turned into a yearly celebration. Right now I really can't see a reason why this cannot go ahead, let me enlighten you on why!

Christmas - Everyone celebrates this every year, even those who don't believe in it. How ironic! It is a yearly festivity that takes place all around the world mainly because(and I'm being truthful here) it involves presents. It is the season of giving and sharing and the whole story behind it all is just being used as an excuse to receive presents when it's not your birthday! Still, some do celebrate it for the right reasons, but others just want the presents, and some don't take part in it at all! Strange! Christmas rules!

Easter - Well, in this festivity it seems that most people don't get gifts as good as christmas presents, just easter eggs and chocolate. Those soft and tasty chocolate-filled eggs that melt instantly in your mouth...anyway, easter is another occassion based on religion and once again this fact can also be used as an excuse to receive gifts from people. Easter for me this year was absolutely unforgettable. Me as the greedy person I am, stuffed my face so much with chocolate that I fell asleep in the afternoon and woke up the next day with a terrible nightmare from the sleep I had, haunting me! If I can remember correctly I think it had something to do with me, ET and Batman on a bunny-shaped world. It was just like a movie, like they all are!
"Now children, lay off the chocolate. It ain't good for your teeth."
That's what they all say until you catch them with loads of chocolate hidden in their draw, then they say no more.
Easter's great! I love the chocolate, love the sleep, hate the weird nightmares.

Gaming Day - Now it's time for the event you've all been waiting for, gaming day! This day will totally redefine the word 'celebration' and transform it into something more meaningful and enjoyable. Gaming day would be a bit like christmas by giving, but this time it's dedicated to giving games to each other and you HAVE to play a game(s) for at least an hour that day - no problems for me! As well as the giving this day will celebrate the industry everyone loves, games! It'll be a day like no other; a day when all developers can even look back at all they've done and be proud, a day where many games will be on sale, a day when all gaming fans can participate, a day when those who don't like gaming can finally see the light. This would be a day of gaming revolution, and at last it will receive the huge amount of respect it deserves.

What do you think?
Any more ideas for gaming day to make it more successful? I certainly think that it's a great idea, and especially as the industry is becoming more and more popular to people it should definitely be celebrated.

Thanks for reading
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:04
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
lol - i never doubted this idea for a second; maybe a minute or two
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:03
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
quite a neat idea as it goes
Thu 22/11/01 at 19:04
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Has anyone seen the 'whacking day' episode of The Simpsons. Well, there's a song that the children sing, so here's my version:

Oh gaming day, oh gaming day
The hallowed pad-sweating, playing day
Stick in your game and start it up
You and your mates can fight for what?

Oh gaming day, oh gaming day
Get out your games and play, play, play...

Good eh?
Thu 22/11/01 at 16:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
err...
What did I come here for?
...um...
hmmm...

Oh yeah!

POP!
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Same here!

Please Tony. You MUST say YES!

Pleeeaaaaase!
Wed 21/11/01 at 19:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> Yeah, but then, everyone would chip in with any luck.

But then, Tony hasn't
> replied saying that SR WILL go ahead with this day anyway, so what if there
> isn't a Gaming Day, then no-one pays.

I still feel gaming day must be carried out!
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:44
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah, but then, everyone would chip in with any luck.

But then, Tony hasn't replied saying that SR WILL go ahead with this day anyway, so what if there isn't a Gaming Day, then no-one pays.
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> SR wouldn't have to pay anyway. They'd just take the relevant stuff out of their
> warehouse.

What if they didn't want to? Then we'll have to cash in!
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> I might. It was my idea, after all!

Oooohooo! Mr Generosity I see! Get your wallet ready in case Tony does for some strange reason follow up this idea.
Wed 21/11/01 at 18:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
SR wouldn't have to pay anyway. They'd just take the relevant stuff out of their warehouse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.