GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""AddThis" Button"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/08/10 at 13:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi freeola staffies and users.

I've noticed this on the forum for some time now and really have considered using the bookmarking button "AddThis" as you have hear on the forum.

Before I take the plunge, has it created any positive changes to your traffic? Is it easy to maintain? Most of all, would you recommend putting it on my site?

I already have a very basic "stumbleupon" button, but not had much luck with it. I'm just curious as to whether or not it would be worth adding it.

Any feedback would be great!

Jason
Thu 12/08/10 at 08:37
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks guys for your help!

I will certainly look into this over the next few weeks. And I'll proceed with caution... :)

Just need to force myself to make time to work on the site now!
Wed 11/08/10 at 14:03
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
What Numnut really meant to say was 'Some JS will now work by pasting it into the HTML popup of the editor.' ;)
This is in preparation for a proper method of adding JS with placeholders. I have also got Adsense working within pages but it's still a little buggy at the moment. As such we don't support this so don't complain if your JS doesn't work!
Wed 11/08/10 at 13:49
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've had a play with this and it seems to work fine in InstantPro (hopefully not famous last words). I've used the version without analytics - is the 'full' version is much different?

As the non-analytics version references JS from an external source the text editor seems to be quite happy to keep the script tags (referencing the script) in place.

I've had it working in the site footer, on a blog page, and on a standard page too.

Here's the Blog Page example, and the Standard Page example.

Maybe I'll have a look at the full version......
Wed 11/08/10 at 12:45
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks Hmmm...

It would be for an InstantPro site. If there seems to be a few problems at present I think I could hold back and wait for a JavaScript plug-in.

It's not an urgent matter as I've been a bit lazy recently on working on the site - although when I finish work next week, I'll have a solid month to produce content and get things moving again.

Thanks again!
Tue 10/08/10 at 16:53
"Are you sure?"
Hi HM,
Is this for a normal site or an InstantPro one?

The reason I ask is that addthis.com use JavaScript which can be a problem with InstantPro. Not sure if there's a non-JS version.

Freeola are working on a JavaScript plugin for InstantPro I believe - I did ask here the other day for an update but no reply so far :¬(

FWIW - I've used Freeola's 'addthis' for Twitter a few times and it works well. I also use addthis on some of my web pages and it's interesting to see the analytics.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Tue 10/08/10 at 13:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi freeola staffies and users.

I've noticed this on the forum for some time now and really have considered using the bookmarking button "AddThis" as you have hear on the forum.

Before I take the plunge, has it created any positive changes to your traffic? Is it easy to maintain? Most of all, would you recommend putting it on my site?

I already have a very basic "stumbleupon" button, but not had much luck with it. I'm just curious as to whether or not it would be worth adding it.

Any feedback would be great!

Jason

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.