GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 - Sony, Toshiba, and IBM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 23:20
Regular
The PS3 is being developed by Toshiba, IBM, and well…obviously Sony. With companies like these on the contract, the PlayStation 3 certainty looks to becoming a revolutionary piece of equipment.

A 2003 release date is looking strong, after it was originally confirmed for a 2005 scheduled released date.

Can’t Sony make up their minds?
Wed 21/11/01 at 08:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The 2003 date was an estimate from Sony about the "current" games market not being able to sustain a 5 year life cycle for a console especially with that many on the market at once, because of this, they "MAY" consider reducing the life of the PS2 to 3 years...

(that's 2003 in Japan, which will be 2004 for the UK actually making it 4 years old!!)

Toshiba produced the chipset for the PS2 and was also one of the founderes of DVD so it made sense to have them on board, the bit I find funniest is IBM... now who produced the Gekko for the GCN?

Personally I think Sony are right in looking at the market and waiting alittle longer to see how things progress... Who knows, the XBOX could crash and burn and the GCN could just fizz out... But then again, I could be Jesus!!;-)
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:32
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Son Of Liberty wrote:
A 2003 release date is looking
> strong, after it was
> originally confirmed for a 2005 scheduled released
> date.

Can’t Sony
> make up their minds?

Give them some credit, how where they supposed to know
> how long it would take to think up a name for their new console?

PS2...then PS3... not much to think about is there? Besides. I don't out Sony down in any way. I know they are great and I own a PS2 - in fact I was one of the forst to queue inline for one

(not sopken in a rude way to youdirectly Tiltawhirl - just making a point)
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:28
Regular
Son Of Liberty wrote:
A 2003 release date is looking
> strong, after it was originally confirmed for a 2005 scheduled released
> date.

Give them some credit, how where they supposed to know how long it would take to think up a name for their new console?
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:26
2004 to be precise

so the PS2 demise is counting down
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
AliBoy wrote:
> Doubt it will be out in 2003, it is highly unlikely. As for the bit about
> toshiba and IBM, all consoles are put together by various companies using their
> various parts. So there is no change there.

AliBoy - glad you are here - I have always wanted to ask you how you win so well on GAD - 4 or I think 5 times within 1 1/2 months my friend - AMAZING - by the way - CONGRATS on those wins too.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Edwin27 wrote:
> PLEASE STOP THE GAD ATTEMPTS ALREADY.

Um...excuse me Edwin27 - I do not mean this in a rude way, but is that pointed to me in a rude manner, or are you complementing my attempts to win (no offence okay)
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Doubt it will be out in 2003, it is highly unlikely. As for the bit about toshiba and IBM, all consoles are put together by various companies using their various parts. So there is no change there.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:21
PLEASE STOP THE GAD ATTEMPTS ALREADY.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:20
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
The PS3 is being developed by Toshiba, IBM, and well…obviously Sony. With companies like these on the contract, the PlayStation 3 certainty looks to becoming a revolutionary piece of equipment.

A 2003 release date is looking strong, after it was originally confirmed for a 2005 scheduled released date.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.