GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buffy and Angel- Which was the darker?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
*Message originally posted in the Creative writing forum, by Campervan*

What did you think to Buffy or it's phenomonal successful spin off Angel.
Do you think Buffy was aimed at younger viewers and Angel for older. Which show was more relevant to today's issues? Were the shows cancelled to early?
Who were you favourite characters and why?
Do you think another spin off show be created using Spike or Faith?
What were your favorite episodes?
Thu 13/09/07 at 20:13
Regular
Agreed.
Thu 13/09/07 at 18:05
Regular
Angel!!!
ALL THE WAY!!!
David Boreanaz is sooooooo wayyyy hot!
Fri 10/08/07 at 01:36
Regular
Angel wasn't allowed to finish though - it was cut short with a finale that heavily disappointed me.

I enjoyed the whole Buffy experience, except the corny movie (which does fit into the Buffy-verse though Joss Whedon did tweak the story a bit to do so when making references) and a few episodes in the first few seasons, such as the one where the football team turn into sea-monsters like those from Doctor Who.

I did enjoy seeing Armin Shimmerman (Quark from DS9) playing the head teacher. And I just enjoyed Alyson Hannigan...

Angel I enjoyed right through, especially the episodes in Pylea...Wesley, when battling alongside his colleagues shouts, "I think we're winning" to immediately be cut to him tied up by his enemies.

I was saddened by the episode where Doyle left, and even sadder to learn of his death in real life. The way they wrote him in the final season was great though, despite his only scene being that of a recording from the first season.

Smile Time was just great because it was Smile Time. Brilliant spot of humour for the Buffyverse.

I wasn't keen on the whole 'saviour' storyline with that woman hypnotising everyone into thinking she was saving the world. I was glad when that ended. And was even more disappointed by the ending of the final season (as I've already said above) - especially when the final fight was coming...then just as it starts, the end credits appear. The look on my face as I first watched it was that of confusion, then horror. I wanted closure!

Buffy's ending was perfect though - I even had a lump in my throat watching it.

btw: if you haven't already guessed, I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel :D
Thu 21/06/07 at 14:43
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Probably both shows were on a par but this is coming from someone who constantly has either a Buffy or an Angel video ready to play on the bedroom TV/video.

Thought both of them started to run too long. Buffy dies, gets brought back, everything is dark so we'll sing about it? Mindst she did get off with Spike who was always much better than Angel. Then in Angel he has a son who comes back several episodes later as a young man who just irritated the hell out of me. Angel improved when they got rid of him but the worse part about the Angel series was the total mess they made of Cordy. She was the best character in either shows until they split her up from Angel to go with his son. He just needed some love and attention? Yeah right. What he really needed was a reality check and a swift kick up the jacksie.

Buffy had the better series finale though.
Sat 26/05/07 at 13:01
Regular
"8==="
Dark Angel? ;)

The three episodes of Angel I watched were much darker.

Buffy was complete a**e and made completely unwatchable when I got Sky and wasn't forced to watch the best the 4 main channels could offer.

...and Angel's theme tune was a lot better.
Fri 25/05/07 at 21:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Angel's theme tune was much better.
Thu 24/05/07 at 18:59
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
pb wrote:
> They could always go down the X-files route and do films
> (another X-files film is supposedly in the works at the
> moment).

Really? Awesome! Will it be David Duchovny, or Robert Patrick though?

Didn't really mind either. Thought the X-Files would go downhill after Mulder left, but it actually improved. Think possibly due to the fact Duchovny got kind of sick of the X-Files by Season 7, so it went all comedy and cr##y. Patrick brought something back which made it good again.

Back on topic though. Buffy was the better show!! Also didn't get into Angel for the first few seasons, though it did improve in the later after my ex got me into it again.

:)
Thu 17/05/07 at 00:27
"possibly impossible"
I enjoyed Buffy, but never got into Angel until about season 3. I think both ran their course and would have been stretched to come up with new material for another season.

They could always go down the X-files route and do films (another X-files film is supposedly in the works at the moment).

As for audiences, I believe that seeing the success of Buffy, the most obvious thing was to write a spin off for the same audience. Yes, Angel was a bit darker, but then the audience that watched Buffy had grown up a bit too. There's still that same writing style but a much darker feel in Joss Wheadon's other series, Firefly. Now that was cancelled too early.
Wed 16/05/07 at 22:42
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
*Message originally posted in the Creative writing forum, by Campervan*

What did you think to Buffy or it's phenomonal successful spin off Angel.
Do you think Buffy was aimed at younger viewers and Angel for older. Which show was more relevant to today's issues? Were the shows cancelled to early?
Who were you favourite characters and why?
Do you think another spin off show be created using Spike or Faith?
What were your favorite episodes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.