GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beware of the FAGs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
Who wants To be a Millionaire, The Army Men series and films turned into games like Shrek all spring to mind when talking about the subject, Bad Games.

But surprisingly, the games mentioned above have, or are doing well in the charts. For a reason, that many gamers seek to find out and a question that puzzles even the brightest sparks.

Who buy these awful games?

It can’t be avid gamers like us FOGers, or it can’t be anyone that at least reads an article from any gaming magazine. For these people have at least one ounce of gaming knowledge in their peanut formerly known as Brain.

These people are what are known to mankind to be called FAGs. No, not the white little stick that you puff away on, and no it’s not that naughty little word shortened. Tut, tu,t you.
A FAG simply means
F- Fake
A-Ass*
G- Gamers

Clever isn’t it.
But these FAGs are the ‘creatures’ that pollute the Gaming World. These gamers are the reason for such games as Who Wants To Be Millionaire.
Simply because they do not know what there buying. There theory is that if it’s got a good name, then its brilliant.
But thankfully, it doesn’t work this way.

The creators that make games such as Disney Racer can’t seriously think to themselves that this game is good? Can they?
It’s all about the money, these companies providing the FAGs with games like this do it for the money.

Sad isn’t it. All the good games that are thought about planned properly and made for love of consoles and games are smothered out in the charts by FAGs and their games.

Though luckily, good games like GTA3, Metal Gear Solid etc. are able to make it through and survive being classed as the greatest games to ever set foot on a console!

The gaming world is very big, and if you get into it can earn you big bucks. But cutting corners and providing games for FAGS is cheating.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Sorry to anyone that has them terrible games above. I’ve got Disney Racer and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire but I clearly state out, that they were bought as gifts from relatives.

* This word is used in no offensive way but to add a little comedy. I’m sorry and I will never do it again ;)
Tue 20/11/01 at 17:59
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Who wants To be a Millionaire, The Army Men series and films turned into games like Shrek all spring to mind when talking about the subject, Bad Games.

But surprisingly, the games mentioned above have, or are doing well in the charts. For a reason, that many gamers seek to find out and a question that puzzles even the brightest sparks.

Who buy these awful games?

It can’t be avid gamers like us FOGers, or it can’t be anyone that at least reads an article from any gaming magazine. For these people have at least one ounce of gaming knowledge in their peanut formerly known as Brain.

These people are what are known to mankind to be called FAGs. No, not the white little stick that you puff away on, and no it’s not that naughty little word shortened. Tut, tu,t you.
A FAG simply means
F- Fake
A-Ass*
G- Gamers

Clever isn’t it.
But these FAGs are the ‘creatures’ that pollute the Gaming World. These gamers are the reason for such games as Who Wants To Be Millionaire.
Simply because they do not know what there buying. There theory is that if it’s got a good name, then its brilliant.
But thankfully, it doesn’t work this way.

The creators that make games such as Disney Racer can’t seriously think to themselves that this game is good? Can they?
It’s all about the money, these companies providing the FAGs with games like this do it for the money.

Sad isn’t it. All the good games that are thought about planned properly and made for love of consoles and games are smothered out in the charts by FAGs and their games.

Though luckily, good games like GTA3, Metal Gear Solid etc. are able to make it through and survive being classed as the greatest games to ever set foot on a console!

The gaming world is very big, and if you get into it can earn you big bucks. But cutting corners and providing games for FAGS is cheating.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. Sorry to anyone that has them terrible games above. I’ve got Disney Racer and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire but I clearly state out, that they were bought as gifts from relatives.

* This word is used in no offensive way but to add a little comedy. I’m sorry and I will never do it again ;)
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:56
Regular
Could it not be, perchance, that it is these FAG's that are keeping us supplied with the best games?

Consider for a moment, if you will, the possiblity that developers and publishers release these games, knowing that they may not score highly in reviews, but that they will sell well, just to rake the money in.

Consider, also, that this money may well be spent on developing a title like GTA3.

A game such as that, or MGS2, will have a mbudget of miilions of dollars. Such a subtantial amount that the developer can't hope to make all that money back through sales.

So, they make a quick and easy game, such as Millionaire or Armymen etc, just to give them enough money to carry on with their fantastic title.

See?
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Maybe they enjoy playing them?
Tue 20/11/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yes that applies for many companies, but when was the last good game you saw made by the Army Men creator’s 3DO…

I’ll leave you thinking.
Thu 22/11/01 at 21:48
It seems today that its not jst bad games, its the company.

Two examples:

1)3DO: I have not seen or heard of anyone that has a good word to say of the army men series, as the break-neck speed with which these games can be churned out confirms my suspicions that the time spent finding the idea for the game doesn't extend much further than a coffee break, with the development time not being much longer.
Bad news: Two new consoles means even more army men games

2)EA: EA have an inexplicable talent for finding a licence, creating a half-decent game, and then giving it slight graphical updates over the next decade. This isn't just FIFA. The way that NBA games have played has remained the same since the days of the Mega Drive.
EA's Xbox launch line up consists of EA sports FIFA, ice hockey, basketball, and no doubt more sports related games. I dread to think what EA have done with the Harry Potter licence, however in this case I could forgive them for making a good game, as its the mugs that bought all the unoriginal books that will buy the games.
Fri 23/11/01 at 10:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I'm sorry, but this really is pathetic. Threads like this make me foam at the mouth with rage - how dare you suggest you are somehow better than any other games player because of your taste in games. I can perfectly understand how you wouldn't want to play Who Want's To Be A Millionaire or the other games you mention, but that doesn't mean you can belittle the people who do.

If they have fun playing those games then great. People have different tastes and no one can be "right". It's just the whole "hardcore/casual" argument wrapped up in a different name - and I hate that just as much.

Sorry, I've played games all my life and I have absolutely no wish to be called a "FOGer" or "hardcore" - I'm a gamer - just like anyone else who picks up a copy of WWTBAM or Army Men.
Fri 23/11/01 at 15:39
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Excuse me, whoever you are. There’s no point arguing with you. As the games mentioned were just examples.

A FOGer is no more than someone who posts on FOG. It was only a topic and using games like Army Men was just an example, get over it!
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:29
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
No, you're belittling people who buy the games you mention, which is pathetic. It's that kind of elitist rubbish that gave gamers the geeky image they've been trying to fight off for so long.

If people have fun playing the games they own then that's all that needs be. You have absolutely no right to preach your tastes on them.
Fri 23/11/01 at 17:54
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Listen, I can't be bothred to carry on listenting to your babyish babbiling. What are you out to prove?
No... wait, don't answer that!
Sun 25/11/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Nah, you're right - wasting my time with someone who doesn't even have the common courtesy to reply to my comments rather than lower himself to insults really is pointless.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.