GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any Lawyers Around....?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/05/07 at 01:08
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
If you're a lawyer, or know your legal stuff, I could do with a bit of advice on a recent bill I have had from my landlord. Give me a shout if you can help please :D
Sat 19/05/07 at 17:52
Regular
"..."
From what you've posted I'd say that you're not legally bound to pay it, but in the interests of maintaining good relations with your landlords it might be in your best interests to fork out, particularly if there are any other clauses which they could be stricter on, but aren't enforcing at the moment.

You should also look out for any other vague clauses containing the words 'within reason', as they may try to push it through on those...
Thu 17/05/07 at 13:07
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
:-(

Its not my fault you have to get your wallet out. :p
Thu 17/05/07 at 10:18
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Thanks for the advice guys...apart from you Garin :P I'll have a read through that leaflet later and see what I can do!
Thu 17/05/07 at 10:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I dont think you have to pay unless you've required it or it's necessary because of something you've done.
Thu 17/05/07 at 09:20
Regular
"incognito"
http://www.lease-advice.org/scgrframe.htm

Some good advice in there, hope it helps.
Thu 17/05/07 at 09:15
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yeah, thats pretty vague :\

i know under normal landlord/tenant contracts the landlord will pay for that kind of thing,so it seems somewhat weird that they want you to pay. I personally dont think you do have to pay, but i would check with CBA first, what with them being professionals and all :p
Thu 17/05/07 at 02:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'd say get your wallet out. :p
Thu 17/05/07 at 02:17
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Law degree, now that sounds good! Basically I got a bill for maintenance of the apartments here much to my shock horror, although I know a lot of people who have had to pay these before when renting property. It's an estimate for all the work that they (the management) think will be required until 30/09/07, however in our terms and conditions, there is no real exact definition of us needing to pay for this.

The only bit within the whole of our agreement that holds any relevance is the following paragraph:

"Outgoings
1.5 To pay all taxes, duties, assessments and outgoings in respect to the premises or the occupiers during the tenancy and in particular but not limited to council tax (or any successor tax), water and sewerage rates, and/or the cost (in proportion to the number of properties connected) of emptying any septic tank connected to the premises."

Water comes within the bill, which I am aware that will need to pay up at end of tenancy or whenever, however the rest of the bill including 'light bulbs', 'river walkway maintenance' 'electricity' and 'roadway maintenance' to name but a few are a bit unnecessary, especially for the amount of actual work that takes place here.

There is also no definitions section within the agreement, so to my untrained eyes, the only dodgey area in here is the word 'duties', but as there is no definition, then do all the extra costs really apply to me as they are not clearly stated? Do I need to fork out for this bill or can I tell them to shove it?!?

That is my question! Cheers in advance!
Thu 17/05/07 at 01:13
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
Doin a law degree. whats up?
Wed 16/05/07 at 15:50
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Cheers for the info guys, I'll post some futher details later when I get home to see if you can make anything from it or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.