GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who do SEGA like best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/04/03 at 14:43
Regular
This is my personal opinion, but I think in th long term (providing nobody buys them out) SEGA are going to work on the XBOX the most...why?

1) Simular system to Dreamcast - Both use modified versions of Windows and DirectX

2) Not an original SEGA killer - They fought for years with Nintendo and Sony popped them off....They have no hatred for Bill - His box came up after the DC died, and he helped them out with is OS and originally networking systems

I mean, so far, nearly all the new good SEGA games (especially DC sequals) have come out on XBOX while PS2 and GC have got a load of ports.

XBOX - HOTD3, Crazy Taxi 3, Toe Jam 3, Shenmue2, LOTS of sports titles, JSRF, SEGA GT 2002, PSO and a host of others

GC - A couple of old Sonic game ports, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 and Monkey Ball...Thats about it...oh, and an inferior version of PSO (No voice)

PS2 - Virtua Tennis, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Figher 4....can't think of any others....

And so that is why I have an XBOX - Being the SEGA enthusiast I am, I got one purely for the SEGA games (The SEGA XMAS Pack was great!)

But what do you guys think? Where do you think they are heading...One things for sur though - an EA buyout will ruin them, MS will expect to much, and Konami im not sure...
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:42
Regular
"All about the Beats"
TGMbloke wrote:
> This is my personal opinion, but I think in th long term (providing
> nobody buys them out) SEGA are going to work on the XBOX the
> most...why?
>
> 1) Simular system to Dreamcast - Both use modified versions of Windows
> and DirectX
>
> 2) Not an original SEGA killer - They fought for years with Nintendo
> and Sony popped them off....They have no hatred for Bill - His box
> came up after the DC died, and he helped them out with is OS and
> originally networking systems
>
> I mean, so far, nearly all the new good SEGA games (especially DC
> sequals) have come out on XBOX while PS2 and GC have got a load of
> ports.
>
> XBOX - HOTD3, Crazy Taxi 3, Toe Jam 3, Shenmue2, LOTS of sports
> titles, JSRF, SEGA GT 2002, PSO and a host of others
>
> GC - A couple of old Sonic game ports, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 and Monkey
> Ball...Thats about it...oh, and an inferior version of PSO (No
> voice)
>
> PS2 - Virtua Tennis, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Figher 4....can't think of any
> others....
>
> And so that is why I have an XBOX - Being the SEGA enthusiast I am, I
> got one purely for the SEGA games (The SEGA XMAS Pack was great!)
>
> But what do you guys think? Where do you think they are heading...One
> things for sur though - an EA buyout will ruin them, MS will expect to
> much, and Konami im not sure...

I agree but your forgetting Skies if Arcadia Ledgens on the GC
Mon 21/04/03 at 15:08
Regular
"Laughingstock"
One of the main reasons I bought an Xbox was for the SEGA exclusives - JSRF, Shenmue 2, HOTD3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Toejam & Earl, etc - so I'd like to see SEGA continue this trend and maybe side with Microsoft completely, releasing all their games exclusively on Xbox.

I'd also like to see the various development departments of SEGA concentrate on producing "brand new" game-ideas instead of "re-makes" [as good as they are], which is what they've generally doing for the past year or so.

Hopefully they'll stay independent of buy-outs and mergers and the like. They've got to keep that unique spark.

Oh and REZ 2.... It wouldn't be a sequel, more the case of realizing fully the sublime vision of the first game.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Laughingstock"
TGMbloke wrote:
> although that was a feature sadly lacking in JSRF...

Too true.
And it was also sadly lacking on Crazy Taxi 3.
Having the option to change the soundtrack would've freshened-up this game no end, especially seeing I played the first two installments to death.
Fri 02/05/03 at 02:16
"I love yo... lamp."
I hope Microsoft. I would like to see them go exclusive on the Xbox. Part of that is because I think generally, the best games are exclusives.

If you think of the legendary games, like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda, MSR, Halo, Gran Turismo, Alpha Centauri (Ok its PC which is a bit different, but it was never on a console) all these great games were exclusives. There are so many more. Way more than multi format legendary games.

As such, I think if Sega concentrated their efforts onto the one console and format it would bring out the best, both in Segas creativity and in getting every last pixel out of the hardware.

Long live Sega!
Sat 03/05/03 at 13:25
Regular
"He's back"
Who do SEGA like the best?

Me
Wed 07/05/03 at 21:56
Regular
"8==="
Probably xbox. But Monkeyball helped shift a lot of gamecubes. and its by AV who made Daytona or whatever its called (that crazy arcade racer) so its not like sega aren't treating the cube with respect. especially considering the 12 multiplayer games on monkey ball 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.