GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its just plain Stupid!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil: Code Veronica X'.
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
Its just getting plain stupid!

It comes to my attention whilst playing Code Veronica X how stupid video games are getting. I am like every one else I love my video games but theirs some things that are just getting out of control, here are some examples.

Claire Redfield's mother from Resident Evil: Code X has been a very busy woman she’s had to make up to ten different pockets for her daughters jeans, but wait when you put something in these pockets the item suddenly shrinks so you can fit up to 4 first aid sprays in just one pocket.
Now seriously Claire’s jeans are so tight I’ll be surprised to see her fit her bus pass in the back pocket, let alone a selection of medical packs and a rocket launcher. I am not asking for a lot just a slight bulge in one of the pockets please!!!!
A round of applause for Metal Gear Solid 2 you can actually see Snake take his handgun out of its holder.

Another thing that really annoys me is the stupid dialogue that normal comes up at the bottom or you hear you character say it, example:
“You cannot use the bazooka here”
“This door is open from somewhere else”
What I want to know is WHY cant I use the bazooka here I would be a great laugh!!!
Who designed the building a blind man?? He’s put the lever a mile and a half away from the actually door!!

Have you ever found yourself in a room on a game surrounded by up to ten people with Uzi’s??? We all have, and we all have taken bullet after bullets from the enemy but still haven’t died only received the mildest loss of health. If you get shot 10 times in the torso YOU SHOULD DIE!!
In the Time Crisis series the bosses take multiple hits in the face but still don’t show any sign of wounds or giving up.
But yet again Meta Gear Solid 2 has done us proud by making you bandage snake up so people wont follow the bloodstains. Very Intelligent.

“You need the red key to proceed pass this door” I hate this phrase and all the different keys you need to find just to get pass one level. Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Gold, and Mustard…the list goes on.
Why can’t we try to blow down the door using the bazooka or burn it down with the flamethrower?
But when we do use the bazooka it doesn’t even scratch the now 6 feet reinforced steel door with a wood look finish.
Can’t we try stuffing in the blue or yellow key card??
Knock to see if anyone will answer from the other side??

Do you find that in games when u kill somebody after about 10 seconds their body suddenly decomposes at an amazing rate and sinks into the floor?
It’s quite satisfying to see a massacre of a room with dead bodies from left to right and you know that you have caused it using just a pizza cutter when suddenly the bodies of your victims disappear right in front of your eyes. This is no trickery from David Blaine but it’s an outrage, I don’t know about you but I love to see my victims piled up on the floor.

Why is it that when you walk up to people mostly in RPG's you get the same conversations over and over again i dont want to hear "Your pokemon is unwell" i want to hear "Did you see Soccer Am on saturday. This proberly sounds stupid but i am bored with going through the same lines endlessly.
How many times have you ran around a little village talking to everyone but all they say is "I have nothing more to say to you" It's not funny!!

Glitching is really bad, where your getting into a fast action game in total darkness with just the TV screen glisting in your eye and u can nearly feel the alien breathing down your next its seems so real, but suddenly you see someone's arm or head going through a wall.
Fighting chracters dont absorb each others limbs. It spoils everything!!

How many squeals are needed?? I don't mind playing a new Metal Gear Solid or Halo game every month but squeals like Tomb Raider theres 1, 2, 3, 4...etc
Sport games are the worst especially Fifa every year they bring out the same old football game but with 3 new teams *WOW*!
Wouldn't it be lovely to have a game on the Nationwide Divisions?

Til next time i think of anything annoying
Post your thoughts
Depressedsnail :(
Mon 21/04/03 at 16:14
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Unfortunately, you've missed out on GAD 1...
Sun 20/04/03 at 20:48
"For the horde!!!!"
RE controls suck
Sun 20/04/03 at 20:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Resident Evil games infuriate me.

"Oh no, a zombie! I must very slowly rotate 180 degrees and run away!"

Update the controls Capcom, for Christ's sake.
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:56
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
The ":-P" was to signify I was joking.

Jeeeeeeeeeez.
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:28
Regular
"\\"
You just can't help yourself, can you?
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"It's"

:-P
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:23
Regular
"\\"
Nice post
Sun 20/04/03 at 18:17
Regular
"I Feel Depressed!"
Its just getting plain stupid!

It comes to my attention whilst playing Code Veronica X how stupid video games are getting. I am like every one else I love my video games but theirs some things that are just getting out of control, here are some examples.

Claire Redfield's mother from Resident Evil: Code X has been a very busy woman she’s had to make up to ten different pockets for her daughters jeans, but wait when you put something in these pockets the item suddenly shrinks so you can fit up to 4 first aid sprays in just one pocket.
Now seriously Claire’s jeans are so tight I’ll be surprised to see her fit her bus pass in the back pocket, let alone a selection of medical packs and a rocket launcher. I am not asking for a lot just a slight bulge in one of the pockets please!!!!
A round of applause for Metal Gear Solid 2 you can actually see Snake take his handgun out of its holder.

Another thing that really annoys me is the stupid dialogue that normal comes up at the bottom or you hear you character say it, example:
“You cannot use the bazooka here”
“This door is open from somewhere else”
What I want to know is WHY cant I use the bazooka here I would be a great laugh!!!
Who designed the building a blind man?? He’s put the lever a mile and a half away from the actually door!!

Have you ever found yourself in a room on a game surrounded by up to ten people with Uzi’s??? We all have, and we all have taken bullet after bullets from the enemy but still haven’t died only received the mildest loss of health. If you get shot 10 times in the torso YOU SHOULD DIE!!
In the Time Crisis series the bosses take multiple hits in the face but still don’t show any sign of wounds or giving up.
But yet again Meta Gear Solid 2 has done us proud by making you bandage snake up so people wont follow the bloodstains. Very Intelligent.

“You need the red key to proceed pass this door” I hate this phrase and all the different keys you need to find just to get pass one level. Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Gold, and Mustard…the list goes on.
Why can’t we try to blow down the door using the bazooka or burn it down with the flamethrower?
But when we do use the bazooka it doesn’t even scratch the now 6 feet reinforced steel door with a wood look finish.
Can’t we try stuffing in the blue or yellow key card??
Knock to see if anyone will answer from the other side??

Do you find that in games when u kill somebody after about 10 seconds their body suddenly decomposes at an amazing rate and sinks into the floor?
It’s quite satisfying to see a massacre of a room with dead bodies from left to right and you know that you have caused it using just a pizza cutter when suddenly the bodies of your victims disappear right in front of your eyes. This is no trickery from David Blaine but it’s an outrage, I don’t know about you but I love to see my victims piled up on the floor.

Why is it that when you walk up to people mostly in RPG's you get the same conversations over and over again i dont want to hear "Your pokemon is unwell" i want to hear "Did you see Soccer Am on saturday. This proberly sounds stupid but i am bored with going through the same lines endlessly.
How many times have you ran around a little village talking to everyone but all they say is "I have nothing more to say to you" It's not funny!!

Glitching is really bad, where your getting into a fast action game in total darkness with just the TV screen glisting in your eye and u can nearly feel the alien breathing down your next its seems so real, but suddenly you see someone's arm or head going through a wall.
Fighting chracters dont absorb each others limbs. It spoils everything!!

How many squeals are needed?? I don't mind playing a new Metal Gear Solid or Halo game every month but squeals like Tomb Raider theres 1, 2, 3, 4...etc
Sport games are the worst especially Fifa every year they bring out the same old football game but with 3 new teams *WOW*!
Wouldn't it be lovely to have a game on the Nationwide Divisions?

Til next time i think of anything annoying
Post your thoughts
Depressedsnail :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.