GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GamesMaster - The Orginal And The Best"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/04/03 at 19:52
Regular
GamesMaster was the original and the best games TV show ever. I want to bring it back and so do GamesMaster magazine and so do www.GamesmasterTV.co.uk. Hewland (the makers) said they would be willing to bring it back but they need public support to convince any channel to commission it. Jack from www.gamesmastertv.co.uk has this to say:
Ever since GamesMaster left our television screens, all we have been given in return for its absence is utter crap. Gamers deserve a show like GamesMaster as its had a nice little break, 4 years to be exact, but now would be the perfect time to bring it back. Dominik would have to be the man to present it as a previous ex-presenter found out that fans preferred their Scottish funny guy. If there were any concerns about attracting new viewers than the magazine would come in handy as that still has a huge fan base (and it proved many people wrong when it was said that the magazine would end shortly after the show did). As Dominik said in the last show "Over the years, other shows have tried to blatantly steal our winning formula" and the same could be said for the many years after as well so it looks like the only show which could manage to provide what gamers want is GamesMaster so bring it back!
Hear the plea and join our plea.
Mon 21/04/03 at 21:13
Regular
"\\"
*sigh* i just read the summary for all of the series and its a shame it had to be taken off air... BRING IT BACK
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:45
Regular
"\\"
Wow... i only ever saw this program three times, but it was them two programs that got me hooked on gaming... I never even knew when it was on (this is why i only watched it twice)

*signs petition*

wooo
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:40
"possibly impossible"
It's a sign that you youngsters take for granted that there was nothing before you watched tv.

Several programmes regarding games were there before Gamesmaster. Firstly, Micro Live covered games and programming (albiet from a BBC bias), then Violet Berlin co-hosted Bad Influence! with Andy Crane.

Bad Influence! was a proper games programme with reviews of hardware, software, cheats and even sligthly detailed description of new technology. Even though it was aimed at older kids rather than adults (the then demographic of gamers) it was still good entertainment and ran for 4 series.

Gamesmaster, on the other hand, was very hit and miss and you always felt that the games journalists couldn't be very honest with their short reviews. Still, it did show some games footage and there were competitions, though these seemed to go on for too long when what you really wanted was more footage and some debating over the consoles and their best games. The Gamesmaster himself, Patrick Moore, was a nice touch though and very tongue in cheek too.
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
You mean there's still chance for me to win a Goldon Joystick!?
Mon 21/04/03 at 17:32
Regular
If the show was put on at a decent time - instead of whilst everyone is at work/school then I'd vote for it back.
Mon 21/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
i jion your plea i can swear japanese style
Mon 21/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
i jion your plea i van swear japanese style
Mon 21/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
El Blokey wrote:
> Buy the latest mag, it has a free DVD with the last ever GamesMaster,
> the best of show! IT ROCKS.
> i got it to
Mon 21/04/03 at 03:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dave Perry

Dave joined the show as a Researcher on the first season and remained a part of GM by commentating right up untill Season 6 in 1996.
Started work on the 'Special Reserve' magazine

Wow, is this the same special reserve?
Mon 21/04/03 at 03:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dominik has really changed over the years.

He's really portly now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.