GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon - Good or bad?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 20:51
Regular
The Pokemon craze has been great for ninendo to make money but in my opinion lots of it has been crap.

The good stuff:

The gameboy games - The single decent thing that has come out of Pokemon and it was around before it became really popular.

The bad stuff:

The nintendo games - Pokemon stadium has been a complete wast of money for any Pokefreak that bought it. The fact that a Pokemon cannot move at all and they look bad. The mini-games weren't to bad. Pokemon snap was just to ridiculous. A whole game of photographing Pokemon is more than I can stand.

The TV show - The TV show which is based completly on the game with the addition of Jesse, James and Meowth - the terrible threesome represnting Team Rocket. Every episode consists of Ash, Misty and Brock/Tracyarriving somewhere new. They have to do something and then it turns in to a big fiasco involving team rocket. They defeat team rocket who are "blasting off away" and the day is saved.

The cards - It started with 1 set - basic cards. Next came jungle and fossil, and then series 2, and then team rocket cards, and then trainer owned cards, and then neos, and then neo 2s and then neo 3s and tropical island cards and movie promos. By this time, I thought "God, kill me now".

In Conclusion - Pokemon sucked except the original Gameboy games.
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:28
nintendo games are good. There worth the money you are paying. I think the gameboys games are not as good as the N64. I THINK THE N64 IS BETTER THAN THE GAMEBOY AND PROBABLYALWAYS WILL BE. I think pokemon is one of the best games. For both N64 and gameboy.
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:58
Regular
Whether you like the whole pokemon thing or hate it all, i'm pretty sure nintendo wouldn't be where they are without pikachu's payrole.
I find it easy enough to avoid pokemon, so i don't have any problem with it, and i'm greatful that they've saved nintendo from depending on the n64.
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:34
Regular
All the Gameboy games have been good although the N64 games were disappointing.

The franchise?

I just try to ignor it...
Tue 20/11/01 at 00:37
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Its all just a matter of personal taste though, whether you like pokemon or not.
Mon 19/11/01 at 23:15
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
nearly Everyone wants to see a 3D version of Pokemon, I could image it :)
Mon 19/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Just think if there was a proper 3D adventure version, It would be great, I don't really like Pokemon but you got to admit that doing what we did on our Gameboys in glorious 3D is tempting.

Nintendo will probably still make the top down adventures though because it will still sell and be quicker to make, bah!
Mon 19/11/01 at 23:03
Regular
DON'T SEE THE 1st MOVIE!!!!!!

maybe the 2nd...

But I don't wanna see the 3rd...

And never the 4th...When it comes out next year,
Mon 19/11/01 at 22:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I thought that Nintendo's use of Pokemon was very good for them!

I thought that the original games were very good! There was nothing like this before on the Gameboy, and so it was new and exciting. Plus it was good to play a Gameboy game, that takes you HOURS to complete!

I thought that the TV show was pretty good! But then I kinda like Manga style cartoons, so it appealed to me. Some people who aren't massive fans of Manga may have been put off by the almost comic book style of animation!

I haven't managed to see any of the Pokemon films yet, but I really want to see the first one! Sad I know, but hey!

Pokemon cards! Great way of making money for Nintendo! Pain in the a** for any parent being forced to buy them for little Jimmy!

Pokemon merchendice. LOL! I've got a little stuffed Pikachu on top of my TV!

Well that's enough ranting about Pokemon!

Anyone fancy buying me Pokemon Crystal!?! I can't afford it ;(

:)
Mon 19/11/01 at 22:17
Regular
I used to Love pokemon, but then again, There has been a few reasons why i turned away from them :(

I like the game, I liked it alot, When i came home from school 1 day, i had my dad holding out a red box, it filled my eyes with flames of joy :D
i would Play hours on End, Skipping School as much as i can just to play it,
Then Came along the cards, now everyone knows How BIG they were. i used walk down town with poeple with there decks, wanting to Trade. but never battle. (God, No one Battled), the Programme was Werid I though...I shouted at Ash when he was giving away al his Pokémon all the time. I Took these cards to School, Always, At least a few cards to trade with. I was the 1st person in My tiny School to Bring in Pokčmon Cards.
then i got all my Squad to lvl 100, It was too much for me :D
bt the day came, I had all the cards that i ever wanted, Someone came to the door and asked if he wanted to trade cards. I said that'll go upstairs to get my cards, he Swiped My Whole Deck which was on the top of the firepiece. I came down. He was gone.
I was Angry for ages, it didn't stop me from buying Pokemon Stadium though. It ended up a very crap game, Battling was Boring, Only 9 mini games! Then the new Epoised Started up, they were crap too. Pokemon in my life started all to fall apart. Schools banned the cards and Everything came to a halt. In the Town of milton keynes, pokemon is a wasteland, And now, Anyone who likes pokemon Would get beat-em-up or something. heh. To bad. It just didn't work out in the end. they went A little over the top.
Mon 19/11/01 at 21:31
Regular
Evilhahaman wrote:
The good stuff:

The gameboy games - The single
> decent thing that has come out of Pokemon and it was around before it became
> really popular.

In Conclusion - Pokemon sucked
> except the original Gameboy games.

Exactly

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.