GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scarface Review"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 20:37
Regular
I was at my friend’s house last Saturday night, he had rented out a film that I had heard of but never seen. The name of the film was Scarface. What a film this was, Al Pacino is one truly great actor when it comes to crime and gangsters. I thought to myself, why has this film been out for so long and I have never seen it?

The story is about a young Cuban refugee called Tony Montana, Al Pacino goes well over line to playing his role. Pacino looks and sounds like a true gangster that fits the part of Tony Montana. Montana builds up his street credit and does the odd job or two working with the Miami Cocaine underworld. Montana builds up great power in the film and becomes filthy rich from selling his own cocaine. As he gets more friends and companions he also gets the odd one or two enemies, but in this case it's the odd hundred enemies.
Montana starts too go power crazy and thinks that there in no way of stopping him, this mistake causes trouble on the streets of Miami.
This film is a great insight into Miami's drug empire. Director Brian De Palma does great in preparing the audience for this film by showing the stages of Montana's power from when he was a refugee working in a burger bar to a rich drug dealer earning up to 12 million a month.
The film may seem farfetched at the start and you get the feeling that the whole film is going to be a waste of 3 hours, but if you really watch the film in detail and think like Montana would you really start to get the plot and enjoy the film. There are some great shootout scenes in the film, one such scene is at the start of the film when Montana is doing his first job for a Cocaine dealer. He goes to pick up some Cocaine and deliver the money but is stuck in a crazy situation that leaves a good friend of his shredded to pieces by a chain saw.

This film is a true gangster film and I would recommend it to all Al Pacino or Brian De Palma fans.
My rating 10/10.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:37
Regular
I was at my friend’s house last Saturday night, he had rented out a film that I had heard of but never seen. The name of the film was Scarface. What a film this was, Al Pacino is one truly great actor when it comes to crime and gangsters. I thought to myself, why has this film been out for so long and I have never seen it?

The story is about a young Cuban refugee called Tony Montana, Al Pacino goes well over line to playing his role. Pacino looks and sounds like a true gangster that fits the part of Tony Montana. Montana builds up his street credit and does the odd job or two working with the Miami Cocaine underworld. Montana builds up great power in the film and becomes filthy rich from selling his own cocaine. As he gets more friends and companions he also gets the odd one or two enemies, but in this case it's the odd hundred enemies.
Montana starts too go power crazy and thinks that there in no way of stopping him, this mistake causes trouble on the streets of Miami.
This film is a great insight into Miami's drug empire. Director Brian De Palma does great in preparing the audience for this film by showing the stages of Montana's power from when he was a refugee working in a burger bar to a rich drug dealer earning up to 12 million a month.
The film may seem farfetched at the start and you get the feeling that the whole film is going to be a waste of 3 hours, but if you really watch the film in detail and think like Montana would you really start to get the plot and enjoy the film. There are some great shootout scenes in the film, one such scene is at the start of the film when Montana is doing his first job for a Cocaine dealer. He goes to pick up some Cocaine and deliver the money but is stuck in a crazy situation that leaves a good friend of his shredded to pieces by a chain saw.

This film is a true gangster film and I would recommend it to all Al Pacino or Brian De Palma fans.
My rating 10/10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.