GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Totally messed up WBG's InstantPro website."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/07/10 at 11:06
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here.
I was trying to do something with pic and text on InstantPro using Page Manager and was clicking 'back' rather a lot. What I failed to realise was that the entire site went back as well and now I've lost the Banner,Logo,Skyscrapers,footings et al.
Is it possible to get them back or do I have to start from scratch?

Despondently
Tue 20/07/10 at 11:06
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Mrs WBG here.
I was trying to do something with pic and text on InstantPro using Page Manager and was clicking 'back' rather a lot. What I failed to realise was that the entire site went back as well and now I've lost the Banner,Logo,Skyscrapers,footings et al.
Is it possible to get them back or do I have to start from scratch?

Despondently
Tue 20/07/10 at 13:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I believe you may have removed eveything altogether anyway. At the moment I can only see a home page which has some temporary text on it (other than the first paragraph).

However I am not sure what the site is supposed to be like, and am unsure whether this is the stage your site is at.... so feel free to correct me.

If you have removed the entire site by deleting then we are not generally able to recover the deleted data unfortunately.

From what you describe however you should not have been able to delele data by going back. If you were in the process of running through the builder wizard, and then went back any unsaved changes would be deleted.
Tue 20/07/10 at 17:26
Regular
Hi there Mrs WBG,

It seems you managed to change your only existing InstantPro page to be a 'Splash' page, which was confusing the Builder a little bit.

If a page is set to be a 'Splash' page, it will automatically hide any banners, navigation, footers etc (basically anything that isn't the core content of the page itself).

Your page has now been switched back to a regular page complete with navigation, banner, footer and so on (via the 'Page Settings' link when you go to edit an individual page), so this should now be OK.

Let us know if you have any more problems.
Tue 20/07/10 at 20:28
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
McLong wrote:
> Hi there Mrs WBG,
>
> It seems you managed to change your only existing InstantPro
> page to be a 'Splash' page, which was confusing the Builder a
> little bit.
>
> If a page is set to be a 'Splash' page, it will automatically
> hide any banners, navigation, footers etc (basically anything
> that isn't the core content of the page itself).
>
> Your page has now been switched back to a regular page complete
> with navigation, banner, footer and so on (via the 'Page
> Settings' link when you go to edit an individual page), so this
> should now be OK.
>
> Let us know if you have any more problems.

Hello McLong,
I'm almost speechless with appreciation for the return of WBG's website!
A thousand- thank-- yous!
Fri 23/07/10 at 13:34
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
McLong wrote:
> Hi there Mrs WBG,
>
> It seems you managed to change your only existing InstantPro
> page to be a 'Splash' page, which was confusing the Builder a
> little bit.
>
> If a page is set to be a 'Splash' page, it will automatically
> hide any banners, navigation, footers etc (basically anything
> that isn't the core content of the page itself).
>
> Your page has now been switched back to a regular page complete
> with navigation, banner, footer and so on (via the 'Page
> Settings' link when you go to edit an individual page), so this
> should now be OK.
>
> Let us know if you have any more problems.

Hello McLong,

Mrs WBG here-with a problem. Because WBG wants to set up links to other,future,pages and not via the navigation,I've managed to drum up a second page.
BUT! Although I chose a title and heading for the new page,it's turned up withe same banner,logo,footer etc. as the home page.
A pic and small skyscraper have been accepted ok--so what have I done wrong?
As if that wasn't enough,I don't fully understand the link -without-using-the navigation-bar thing. Will I have to learn how to use HTML?
Fri 23/07/10 at 15:09
Regular
Hi there,

I might be misunderstanding this, but from what I can gather, you want to create extra pages and link to them, but not by using the standard InstantPro navigation? This is absolutely possible, and the easiest way to do this would be to create a Skyscraper which contains links to all these pages (HTML for these links coming up). You would then need to assign this Skyscraper to every page where you want this navigation to appear.

When creating this Skyscraper, you'll need to click the little 'HTML' icon, and for each link add the following code (obviously changing the link URL and text):

<a href="[B]http://site.com/1/[/B]">Home</a><br>
<a href="[B]http://site.com/2/[/B]">Blog</a><br>
<a href="[B]http://site.com/3/[/B]">Contact</a>

As an alternative to this style of link appearance, Hmmm... has created a Drop-down Menu alternative. You can find the example and code at his InstantPro site here.

As for the page you created inheriting the Banner/Logo etc, this is entirely normal. If you would rather your page didn't have any of these elements, just click the 'Page Settings' link (when editing a specific page), tick the 'Display as Splash Page' option and click 'Update'.
Fri 23/07/10 at 16:43
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
The Hyperlinks tutorial might come in useful if you are not using the drop down option suggested already, and just want lines of text which link to other pages like:

Go to Freeola

Go to Getdotted

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.