GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sudden Strike?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sudden Strike'.
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:07
Regular
Please would someone tell me whether or not the game allows you to build stuff like in Command and Conquer? I downloaded the demo last night but the mission I was on didn't have a function for this. Buildings like power plants and barracks etc, can they be built or it just a war strategy game where you are given the troops at the beginning and you have to manage them until the end? Any information would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> Command and Conquer : Generals is THE best RTS EVER!!!

Ever played Medieval: Total War or Warcraft 3? play them before you make such rash judgements in the future.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:05
Regular
No, It is total 3D, and the reason you can't look inside a soldiers head is because it wouldn’t look very good now would it? The graphics aren’t THAT good.
Tue 22/04/03 at 16:52
Regular
so what, all i meant was that generals implements 3D to the maximum it can, unlike its' 2D pre-decessors.
Mon 21/04/03 at 23:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
All this is delivered with VERY nice graphics and total 3D!

Not really total 3D is it. As can you go inside a Soldiers head to see what he sees, No(unless theres some option I am missing). All you get is a angled view that can be changed around abit.
Mon 21/04/03 at 21:12
Regular
You collect money by sending workers (GLA = humans, Chinese = trucks, USA = chinooks) to supply depots, and not only does it combine C & C's excellent pace, but also dips the game in Age of Empires-style sauce too. i.e more technologies to upgrade your troops, and Veterancy is still there, so the more a unit goes through, the better it becomes. All this is delivered with VERY nice graphics and total 3D!
Mon 21/04/03 at 21:10
Regular
Command and Conquer : Generals is THE best RTS EVER!!!
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:46
Regular
Cheers Justice! I got Sudden Strike 2 today and I am impressed with what is on offer. I am VERY disappointed that you can't build things and I think this will spoil my enjoyment of the game. Thanks for the recommendations Pumpkinist but I have completed Shogun and although it was a superb game I am looking for a game that is like Command and Conquer. Any ideas? Thanks!
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Get Shogun for RTS. Or Medieval.
Mon 21/04/03 at 18:03
Regular
"LiveTag=Lord Justic"
No mate, you only get what youre given. No chance to build anything at all. Occaisional re-inforcements is all you get.
Mon 21/04/03 at 13:07
Regular
Please would someone tell me whether or not the game allows you to build stuff like in Command and Conquer? I downloaded the demo last night but the mission I was on didn't have a function for this. Buildings like power plants and barracks etc, can they be built or it just a war strategy game where you are given the troops at the beginning and you have to manage them until the end? Any information would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.