GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rant On Consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/11/01 at 19:19
Regular
Finally, the hype surrounding all upcoming consoles is over. All of the players have some cards (in some cases, wild) out on the table. Perhaps we can just sit back and enjoy about 3-4 years (hopefully) of gaming where we don't have to worry about the next-generation of game consoles. Keep in mind, these are only predictions, but read on!

To Playstation 2 gamers, I tell you this: The Playstation 2 doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon, but it's damn possible. Online play is just around the corner and many strong games are coming out. Sony isn't going to back down, even if pressure is turned up extremely high, to the breaking point. Expect the PS2 to last for a good 3-4 years.

To future GameCube gamers, I tell you this: The GameCube just came out in America, but has quite a bit of potential. While Nintendo may be taking the "quality over quantity" approach to the next level, which may leave us with quite a few games to look forward to. Online play is around the corner as well, and there are strong 3rd party developers gaining interest. Such developers include Sega and Capcom. Congratulations, you gamers have the exclusive rights to the Resident Evil series for a few years. Enjoy! The GC should last nearly 5 years, it seems.

To future X-Box gamers, I tell you this: The X-Box is new in America, but shows the greatest potential over the other two consoles. This is due to the extreme power. Simply put, when the Playstation 2 is reaching the end of its life cycle, X-Box games will still be improving. There are a few hurdles to jump, such as marketing and hoping developers will take risks with the X-Box. A general hate of Microsoft will keep several from buying the console, but it is all good nevertheless. The X-Box looks to have really good American support, and if you like most PC games, the X-Box is a dream come true. If Microsoft can establish the X-Box in Japan, and get a larger user base, the expected life of the Xbox is around 5-7 years.

And to those that will own all 3, happy gaming to you! You get to enjoy the best of all 3 worlds.

I predict in 3-4 years, Sony will publicly plan their PS3 projects. They will aim for a super system, somewhere around the 2 GHZ range. A few years later, Microsoft(assuming the Xbox does well) will try to compete with Sony, and put out another power machine. Nintendo will fit somewhere in the middle, and aim at pleasing gamers and parents alike.

Oh well, just predictions. Post your predictions, and replies, and even grudges you now have against me!

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Finally, the hype surrounding all upcoming consoles is over. All of the players have some cards (in some cases, wild) out on the table. Perhaps we can just sit back and enjoy about 3-4 years (hopefully) of gaming where we don't have to worry about the next-generation of game consoles. Keep in mind, these are only predictions, but read on!

To Playstation 2 gamers, I tell you this: The Playstation 2 doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon, but it's damn possible. Online play is just around the corner and many strong games are coming out. Sony isn't going to back down, even if pressure is turned up extremely high, to the breaking point. Expect the PS2 to last for a good 3-4 years.

To future GameCube gamers, I tell you this: The GameCube just came out in America, but has quite a bit of potential. While Nintendo may be taking the "quality over quantity" approach to the next level, which may leave us with quite a few games to look forward to. Online play is around the corner as well, and there are strong 3rd party developers gaining interest. Such developers include Sega and Capcom. Congratulations, you gamers have the exclusive rights to the Resident Evil series for a few years. Enjoy! The GC should last nearly 5 years, it seems.

To future X-Box gamers, I tell you this: The X-Box is new in America, but shows the greatest potential over the other two consoles. This is due to the extreme power. Simply put, when the Playstation 2 is reaching the end of its life cycle, X-Box games will still be improving. There are a few hurdles to jump, such as marketing and hoping developers will take risks with the X-Box. A general hate of Microsoft will keep several from buying the console, but it is all good nevertheless. The X-Box looks to have really good American support, and if you like most PC games, the X-Box is a dream come true. If Microsoft can establish the X-Box in Japan, and get a larger user base, the expected life of the Xbox is around 5-7 years.

And to those that will own all 3, happy gaming to you! You get to enjoy the best of all 3 worlds.

I predict in 3-4 years, Sony will publicly plan their PS3 projects. They will aim for a super system, somewhere around the 2 GHZ range. A few years later, Microsoft(assuming the Xbox does well) will try to compete with Sony, and put out another power machine. Nintendo will fit somewhere in the middle, and aim at pleasing gamers and parents alike.

Oh well, just predictions. Post your predictions, and replies, and even grudges you now have against me!

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Good Topic FB...

I personally think. Deep down in the caves of Sony, a little group of computer nerds are discussing the matter that is PS3... well that’s what I think!
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:43
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I'm officially 'POPing' this as the FOG chat is littered with Spam at the moment and should be tidied up with topics like this!
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Back For Good"
With the PS3 and Xbox (maybe xbox 2) battling it out where will Nintendo be, They're already slopping behind the pack!!!
Mon 19/11/01 at 20:02
"period drama"
nintendo are trying to think of an even stranger controller to make.

how about one that flies.
or swims.
or burns your hands when you do badly.
Tue 20/11/01 at 17:52
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
I don't like the Nintendo controller very much. It looks like something that came from Fisher Price or something ( no offence to them)
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:05
Son Of Liberty wrote:
> I don't like the Nintendo controller very much. It looks like something that
> came from Fisher Price or something ( no offence to them)

good old fisher price, trustable depandable fisher price :D
Tue 20/11/01 at 18:43
The Gamecube will never beat the PS2 or the X-box cos when it comes out in england people will have spent all there money on ps2's and will be saving it for x-box's

stick with the gameboy nintendo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.