GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gerrid - I'm opinionated and loving it :D"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/04/03 at 19:59
Regular
I have decided to compile a short yet thorough report on the well-known regular Gerrid. I don't know why exactly but after reading that "The Best Of..." post it has made me wonder why people got the votes they did. I realised that Gerrid has received a LOT of votes for many great categories however he isn't even a Notable. Have a read and post your opinions too, isn't it great to be opinionated?

Gerrid's Votes (7:10pm)

Best Regular: 4 Votes
Funniest Poster: 6 Votes
Best Poster: 2 Votes
Most Underrated Poster: 1 Vote
Most Overrated Poster: 1 Vote

These votes are impressive to say the least an apart from the one bad vote he received from El Blokey I think it is safe to say that Gerrid is a popular member of this forum. However when you look at these votes you can't help but ask yourself "Why the hell did he get them?" For no apparent reason I am now going to justify these vote from mainly my own points of view.

Best Regular - Ok, this is a title that includes a lot of contenders and each contender must have a lot of qualities to be voted. When you think of the forums "Best Regular", you think of the time they have spent here, GAD wins, forum contributions and popularity. Gerrid has only been around these forums for 387 days, which is not much, more than the average regular here however he has certainly made his mark as time has gone by. He has submitted 10 superb reviews and has won 4 well-deserved GADs in this time while other members have adored him for his many interesting and amusing posts.

Funniest/Best Poster - These two titles are both linked together so I will discuss them together. I have already said that many of us like Gerrid because of his posting skills and the votes he has received underline my point. He has brought us many interesting posts over the time we have known him and since day one has always been a model member with an attitude. He may not have put a foot out of line but he has won us over with posts that have made him known by all.

Most Underrated/Overrated Poster - Now here is a hard one, Gerrid got 1 vote stating he was overrated and one saying he was underrated. In times like this I'm going to go with what I personal feel is right...he is well known but completely underrated by most of the newer or less regular regulars. For most people he is a sign of quality posting but for others his name is easily passed over. Although I think he is one of the best posters here he will always be second to posters such as FFF and Meka Dragon. Gerrid, We Salute You! **puts hand to head**...hmmmmm I wonder if I can do a damning report on El Blokey **runs off plotting**
Mon 21/04/03 at 19:59
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I have decided to compile a short yet thorough report on the well-known regular Gerrid. I don't know why exactly but after reading that "The Best Of..." post it has made me wonder why people got the votes they did. I realised that Gerrid has received a LOT of votes for many great categories however he isn't even a Notable. Have a read and post your opinions too, isn't it great to be opinionated?

Gerrid's Votes (7:10pm)

Best Regular: 4 Votes
Funniest Poster: 6 Votes
Best Poster: 2 Votes
Most Underrated Poster: 1 Vote
Most Overrated Poster: 1 Vote

These votes are impressive to say the least an apart from the one bad vote he received from El Blokey I think it is safe to say that Gerrid is a popular member of this forum. However when you look at these votes you can't help but ask yourself "Why the hell did he get them?" For no apparent reason I am now going to justify these vote from mainly my own points of view.

Best Regular - Ok, this is a title that includes a lot of contenders and each contender must have a lot of qualities to be voted. When you think of the forums "Best Regular", you think of the time they have spent here, GAD wins, forum contributions and popularity. Gerrid has only been around these forums for 387 days, which is not much, more than the average regular here however he has certainly made his mark as time has gone by. He has submitted 10 superb reviews and has won 4 well-deserved GADs in this time while other members have adored him for his many interesting and amusing posts.

Funniest/Best Poster - These two titles are both linked together so I will discuss them together. I have already said that many of us like Gerrid because of his posting skills and the votes he has received underline my point. He has brought us many interesting posts over the time we have known him and since day one has always been a model member with an attitude. He may not have put a foot out of line but he has won us over with posts that have made him known by all.

Most Underrated/Overrated Poster - Now here is a hard one, Gerrid got 1 vote stating he was overrated and one saying he was underrated. In times like this I'm going to go with what I personal feel is right...he is well known but completely underrated by most of the newer or less regular regulars. For most people he is a sign of quality posting but for others his name is easily passed over. Although I think he is one of the best posters here he will always be second to posters such as FFF and Meka Dragon. Gerrid, We Salute You! **puts hand to head**...hmmmmm I wonder if I can do a damning report on El Blokey **runs off plotting**
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:05
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
YOU were the dog trying to have sex with gerrid's leg last night!
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:06
"period drama"
*Points*
Hey, hey. That's me there
*Jumps up and down*
Hurrah!

Yes.
gerrid is a frool
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:06
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Do a report on me.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:08
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
El Blokey wrote:
> Do a report on me.

No, **cowars** You already know how I feel about you and you would bestow your malice upon me in long winded arguments that would last about 80 posts long.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:09
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
OK, I'll do a report on myself.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Excellent, I look forward to reading it.
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
dahahahahahaha
less pop some caps
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I've never posted anything of quality and all my reviews are ridiculously poor. Seriously, have you read them?
Mon 21/04/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
But is capping pops illegible for distribution?
I think not so much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.