GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendos little niggle"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 23:09
Regular
I don't know why i'm typing this, i'm kind of bored everyone in my area as turned into a hermit today, anyway, this is a little something I thought I would post for no particular reason.

One of Nintendos qualities would be keeping screts from the press and then reveal them as shockers getting a lot of interest from the public, sometimes they don't mention certain things until a game is released giving the gamer a nice suprise, this however could be a reason why people opted for Sony Playstations over the N64.

You see Sony like to brag about everything they do giving out the latest information as it happens, this constantly keeps gamers interested and keeps the name Sony fresh in the mind, this could be why people bought the Playstation because they were simply more intersting. Nintendos problem was not keeping the public interested enough, sounds stupid I know but it could be a reason. Remember Diddy Kong Racing? That came from nowhere, it got no hype, it go no media coverage, it was just released in an instant, this was a great suprise for loyal Nintendo owners but surely you sell a console on its games, and telling the world what games are coming and what they are like is how to go about it?

I think if Nintendo reveal a few more secrets about their games then more people will become interested, keeping special suprises is nice for the loyal Ninty but by the time they release the game a potential customer may have already made their decision to go elsewhere.
Mon 19/11/01 at 11:23
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Yep...For a bored guy :)
Mon 19/11/01 at 00:46
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
All true but Nintendo seem to have it right this time round, lots of coverage maybe tey need better marketing though with advertisements and so on. Sony are obviously better at advertisments some of the old N64 ones wasn't as good as they could have been.

Gamecube is doing perfectly well so far, good point Starlight mate.
Sun 18/11/01 at 23:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I don't know why i'm typing this, i'm kind of bored everyone in my area as turned into a hermit today, anyway, this is a little something I thought I would post for no particular reason.

One of Nintendos qualities would be keeping screts from the press and then reveal them as shockers getting a lot of interest from the public, sometimes they don't mention certain things until a game is released giving the gamer a nice suprise, this however could be a reason why people opted for Sony Playstations over the N64.

You see Sony like to brag about everything they do giving out the latest information as it happens, this constantly keeps gamers interested and keeps the name Sony fresh in the mind, this could be why people bought the Playstation because they were simply more intersting. Nintendos problem was not keeping the public interested enough, sounds stupid I know but it could be a reason. Remember Diddy Kong Racing? That came from nowhere, it got no hype, it go no media coverage, it was just released in an instant, this was a great suprise for loyal Nintendo owners but surely you sell a console on its games, and telling the world what games are coming and what they are like is how to go about it?

I think if Nintendo reveal a few more secrets about their games then more people will become interested, keeping special suprises is nice for the loyal Ninty but by the time they release the game a potential customer may have already made their decision to go elsewhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.