GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 20:20
Regular
I'm seventeen years old, and I need your help. I don't know what to do.

In the last year, I've tried to kill myself twice. I can't talk to anybody about it, and I find it difficult to admit it to myself, that there's something wrong with me. But I can't see anything that's worth living for anymore.

Last year I was suffering from a life threatening illness, and it really changed my outlook on life, forcing me to do little but think. When I recovered from my illness, I no longer wanted to live, almost hoping that I would never recover, and die peacefully.

But since my illness I've gone worse and worse mentally, the doctors ask me if there's anything else wrong, but I just can't admit that I'm ill. I won't go and get treatment because that would mean that my parents would know I'm ill.

I can't concentrate on anything, I fall asleep everywhere, I just feel so tired all of the time. I won't work, because I don't see the point.

I try and tell my friends, but they always seem so happy, and I'm afraid of upsetting them. I just don't want anyone to know, but I have to talk to someone.

I don't know what to say anymore. I want to go and see a doctor, but my parents worry too much, and I don't want to make them worry more. I just... I don't know at all.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:20
I'm seventeen years old, and I need your help. I don't know what to do.

In the last year, I've tried to kill myself twice. I can't talk to anybody about it, and I find it difficult to admit it to myself, that there's something wrong with me. But I can't see anything that's worth living for anymore.

Last year I was suffering from a life threatening illness, and it really changed my outlook on life, forcing me to do little but think. When I recovered from my illness, I no longer wanted to live, almost hoping that I would never recover, and die peacefully.

But since my illness I've gone worse and worse mentally, the doctors ask me if there's anything else wrong, but I just can't admit that I'm ill. I won't go and get treatment because that would mean that my parents would know I'm ill.

I can't concentrate on anything, I fall asleep everywhere, I just feel so tired all of the time. I won't work, because I don't see the point.

I try and tell my friends, but they always seem so happy, and I'm afraid of upsetting them. I just don't want anyone to know, but I have to talk to someone.

I don't know what to say anymore. I want to go and see a doctor, but my parents worry too much, and I don't want to make them worry more. I just... I don't know at all.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Hoo Har"
The only thing I can say Winter, is that you've GOT to go and see your doctor!
You say your parents would be unhappy if they found out you were ill. Well think how happy there'll be once your cured!

This is probably a very hard thing to do, but you've just got. You don't mind me asking do you? What is your illness?
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
You say your parents care so much, killing yourself or dying from something that could have been cured would cause them so much grief. You may get through it, they'll have the life sentence.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:54
Regular
"You've upset me"
Go see a Doctor, tell your parents and get some help. You sound like you really need to mate.
Sun 18/11/01 at 21:07
As you've passed the "16 year old" confidentiality mark, you can still visit a doctor and keep it a secret from your parents.
Sun 18/11/01 at 21:12
Regular
Relationships with friends and family work both ways. You're there for them when they need you, and they're there for you too. If they are good friends, they will help you through the hard times, and for most people family will always be there to help you.

It sounds to me that all that's holding you back from doing what has to be done is how you think your friends and family will react. I wouldn't worry about it. Easier said than done, perhaps. But they'll be there for you, it may be difficult, but you can be open with them, put some trust in them, and let them help you through.

Good luck.
Sun 18/11/01 at 21:56
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
erm....a little heavy for a chat forum methinks.

However, i went through a similar thing a while back. i wont say the exact details, as im still nervous about it to this day. What i can say is this:

1) Talk to you family. Dont hide it from them. The last thing you need now is to be alone. They will understand.

2) the only person who can help you IS you. Sounds corny but its true. ive been going to pychaitrists since i was 8, but they didnt help AT ALL. My problems were solved by me.

3) you got a second chance. Many arent so lucky. Dont waste it.

Hope you are ok.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:06
Thank you for what you've said. I'll tell my friends next weekend, out of school.
Mon 19/11/01 at 01:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Winter, please email me at

[email protected]

I've been where you are, I've stared down that hole and almost fell in.
I can't give you any answers, but I can listen and understand where you are.

Please email me.
Tue 20/11/01 at 13:03
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Winter, You really need to talk to someone about it. There is obviously far more information than you have listed, there always is, but there is allways someone that has been in the same or similar position that will be able to help you.

Not to pass the buck or anything, do email goatboy. I don't know of any situations he has been through, but he is a sound bloke with a good state of mind. You would really benifit from it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.