GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HAVE U READ NGC'S REPORT ON THE NEW ZELDA - WHY NINTENDO ARE CHOOSING THE NEW LOOK?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 19:52
Regular
This is outrageous! The reason for the new look in zelda is because nintendo are aiming to sell most games to kids, so zelda is now going to be easier and shorter, much shorter. No more 60-hour brain-burners, now we have to play 30-hour semi-puzzling games. This is the reason why luigi's mansion takes a short while to complete! Nintendo - when will you buck your ideas up???????
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:52
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
This is outrageous! The reason for the new look in zelda is because nintendo are aiming to sell most games to kids, so zelda is now going to be easier and shorter, much shorter. No more 60-hour brain-burners, now we have to play 30-hour semi-puzzling games. This is the reason why luigi's mansion takes a short while to complete! Nintendo - when will you buck your ideas up???????
Sun 18/11/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Each game costs about £40. I don't get that much money and when I buy a game I want it to last a decent amount of time, otherwise I would just be wasting my money. Thats why I'm not going to get Luigi's Mansion.
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
The Worst thing is : Nintendo say that this new look will ensure that the new game will be just a unique as all the other Zelda games, but it is the length of their games is the best thing about them!
Sun 18/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Have faith in Nintendo please.

Nintendo haven't let you down yet in the great games department have they?
When the chips are down they still deliver the goods.
So what if Sony has better sales figures?
Don't judge the new Zelda until you've finished it (don't judge a book by its cover).
Just accept that Nintendo has to appeal a bit more to the mass market in order to succeed.
At least all gamers might be able to get to grips with a new Zelda if it's a bit shorter.
Sun 18/11/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
If the game will only take about 30 hours to complete, I hope they will not price it expensively (of course they will).
If it will only take 30 hours (60 in my case) then hopefully it will only be a stop gap between games so that a longer zelda game will be made.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:26
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I got that mag. i had little read Through. and something caught my eye. Which is sooo....ture...

"It's Always been mario for the younger kids, and Zelda for older kids, Nintendo have just screwed up that system"
NGC Mag and IGN.com

I found that statemant very ture...
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:30
Regular
Mario has always ruled, and will always rule.

As for Zelda, if this is true about them making the games easier and for younger kids then i'm gonna send a mail bomb to NInty HQ, they can't mess up one of the best games ever.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:44
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Its Just the wrong time for makin a big miskate.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
well done Nintendo, making one of your most popular well known titles go even more down the 'this game wont be as good as it should be' line, rather like Luigis Mansion.

I still think that Nintendo will reveal that there are making another Zelda game for Gamecube that is in true glorious 3D and is as brilliant as ever, you know what Nintendo are like for keeping secrets (that is sometimes there down fall dont you think) it could happen sometime in the Gamecunes life.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
Probably a silly prediction, but I predict they will announce another Zelda with the sort of graphics seen on the old Spaceworld video at some point, aimed at older gamers, me thinks the latest Zelda venture is gonna be purely aimed at younger gamers, a bit like those Mario games on the SNES, Mario is missing or something. I'm probably wrong but I hope i'm right.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.