GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HAVE U READ NGC'S REPORT ON THE NEW ZELDA - WHY NINTENDO ARE CHOOSING THE NEW LOOK?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 19:52
Regular
This is outrageous! The reason for the new look in zelda is because nintendo are aiming to sell most games to kids, so zelda is now going to be easier and shorter, much shorter. No more 60-hour brain-burners, now we have to play 30-hour semi-puzzling games. This is the reason why luigi's mansion takes a short while to complete! Nintendo - when will you buck your ideas up???????
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:37
Regular
Ofcourse, those of us in the Nintendo forum aren't mere mortals.
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
Dr. Duck wrote:
> Batch64 wrote:
Nintendo - when will you buck your ideas up???????

I
> thought they already had bucked their ideas..,
oh, sorry, thought you were
> trying to cheat the language filter ; )

Mere mortals wont understand what you did there :D
Mon 19/11/01 at 15:22
Regular
Batch64 wrote:
Nintendo - when will you buck your ideas up???????

I thought they already had bucked their ideas..,
oh, sorry, thought you were trying to cheat the language filter ; )
Mon 19/11/01 at 13:48
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Mario has always ruled, and will always rule.

As for Zelda, if this is true
> about them making the games easier and for younger kids then i'm gonna send a
> mail bomb to NInty HQ, they can't mess up one of the best games ever.

Good wording there Tilt.

It's fair enough if Nintendo want to knock out a few easy short titles here and there for casual gamers but they shouldn't ruin and shorten big titles like Zelda and Mario.

I think that this is just speculation from the NGC magazine.
Has Nintendo actually said anything about it?
Mon 19/11/01 at 10:05
Regular
"DS..."
I'm sure the next zelda game will turn out great, but i still think nintendo are taking the wrong route about it, they definately should not aim it at kids as they are gonna lose out big time i mena how many kids are actually going to bother completing the game? nintendo should do what theyve allways done so well and make the game appeal to a wider audience, do you agree?
slik ~_~
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:47
yes i am STILL playing the origanal zelda on the nes, and I STILL havent completed it. Though it looks like this NEW LOOK zelda will go the same route as majoras mask, lots of little puzzles to do, I do think these are needed but maby a cross between OOT and MM lots of dungeons and lots of mini puzzles. And lots of 4 hours "trying to do that last little bit" sections of the game. Please nintendo don't wreck one of the best games youv'e ever produced.
Mon 19/11/01 at 08:25
this whole "aimed at kids" thing that nintendo (or their magazines) are pushing is starting to p.iss me off. I am now forced to only ever play Wave Race Blue Storm, Rogue Squadron 2, Madden 2002 and the resident evil series :(
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
Probably a silly prediction, but I predict they will announce another Zelda with the sort of graphics seen on the old Spaceworld video at some point, aimed at older gamers, me thinks the latest Zelda venture is gonna be purely aimed at younger gamers, a bit like those Mario games on the SNES, Mario is missing or something. I'm probably wrong but I hope i'm right.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
well done Nintendo, making one of your most popular well known titles go even more down the 'this game wont be as good as it should be' line, rather like Luigis Mansion.

I still think that Nintendo will reveal that there are making another Zelda game for Gamecube that is in true glorious 3D and is as brilliant as ever, you know what Nintendo are like for keeping secrets (that is sometimes there down fall dont you think) it could happen sometime in the Gamecunes life.
Sun 18/11/01 at 22:44
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Its Just the wrong time for makin a big miskate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.