GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advanced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/11/01 at 18:17
Regular
Is anyone really excited about what the gba can and will do?

I am.

You see, the gba has been out for 5 months and already the cream of the snes crop is available for the system. Doom, mario kart, bomberman, Street fighter 2 and final fight are ready to buy NOW. sometimes i cant really belive i am playing these games on such a tiny machine.

The reason the GBA is doing so well is because the 16-32 bit cartrige based console market has had a very long time to develop. When the snes came out Id were toying with a wolfinstein 3d update, yoshi was just a baby and polygons were suspected to be a rare form of dissapearing parrot. Over the many fine years of gaming that insued, Sega had its golden age and golden axe, nintendo really hit home with the fx chip and thousands of people who thought games were for nerds changed their mind.

When someone makes a GBA game, they can just take a gander at all the game engines and techniques that had taken their predecessors years of hard work to make, and implement them into their games in only a few days. In fact the best selling GBA games so far have been simple conversions of already infamous classics.

Several key players are also stepping in the market as well. Ecks vs sever, a good 1st person shooter based on a film (like goldeneye) is coming out ONLY for GBA when an entire array of machines could have the game. In fact so many 1st person shooters are coming to GBA I am begining to think it make overtake the PC shooter market.

Also, when you compare the advance of the psx, which could barely run doom and needed two systems for a deathmatch now has quake 2 and medal of honour 2 running on it in COMPLETE 3d quite smoothly. Quite a power increase. IF games are already so advanced and developed only half a year into the GBA's life span, you must consider what the possibilites could be. Starfox, legend of zelda, and many more classics are already a certainty. What amazment will this little handheld be capable of? I dont know for sure but i am very excited.

Are you?
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:17
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Is anyone really excited about what the gba can and will do?

I am.

You see, the gba has been out for 5 months and already the cream of the snes crop is available for the system. Doom, mario kart, bomberman, Street fighter 2 and final fight are ready to buy NOW. sometimes i cant really belive i am playing these games on such a tiny machine.

The reason the GBA is doing so well is because the 16-32 bit cartrige based console market has had a very long time to develop. When the snes came out Id were toying with a wolfinstein 3d update, yoshi was just a baby and polygons were suspected to be a rare form of dissapearing parrot. Over the many fine years of gaming that insued, Sega had its golden age and golden axe, nintendo really hit home with the fx chip and thousands of people who thought games were for nerds changed their mind.

When someone makes a GBA game, they can just take a gander at all the game engines and techniques that had taken their predecessors years of hard work to make, and implement them into their games in only a few days. In fact the best selling GBA games so far have been simple conversions of already infamous classics.

Several key players are also stepping in the market as well. Ecks vs sever, a good 1st person shooter based on a film (like goldeneye) is coming out ONLY for GBA when an entire array of machines could have the game. In fact so many 1st person shooters are coming to GBA I am begining to think it make overtake the PC shooter market.

Also, when you compare the advance of the psx, which could barely run doom and needed two systems for a deathmatch now has quake 2 and medal of honour 2 running on it in COMPLETE 3d quite smoothly. Quite a power increase. IF games are already so advanced and developed only half a year into the GBA's life span, you must consider what the possibilites could be. Starfox, legend of zelda, and many more classics are already a certainty. What amazment will this little handheld be capable of? I dont know for sure but i am very excited.

Are you?
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:20
Ooohhh,I do hope that they will realese a Zelda game on the GBA.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
They will have too. Every other nintendo system has has a zelda game, and the gamecube has one in the makeing (albiet the graphics look crap)

But the question is will they do a remake of the snes zelda, or will they make a whole new game?
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:28
This game should include Farore the Oracle of secrets.They've done one on Din the Oracle of seasons and one on Nayru the Oracle of ages.
Maybe they could call it 'The legend of Zelda Oracle of secrets' and you could use a magic book to travel to secret spots.
What do you think?
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm very excited by what it can do. 4 SNESes into that little thing is pretty good, but I'me very disappointed by what it IS doing. A lot of developers just seem to be caching in on the SNES relationship. Not only does that mean most the games are remakes or ports, but they. by definition, use only a quater of its power.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Farore is the god that gives link wind (power) in ocarina of time. Im sorry, but i would rather i didnt play a game all about the power of wind.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:32
Edwin25 wrote:
> Farore is the god that gives link wind (power) in ocarina of time. Im sorry, but
> i would rather i didnt play a game all about the power of wind.
But if you go into the hole in the female Maku tree in the Oracle of ages,you will meet Farore who is the Oracle of secrets and if you tell her certian secrets then she will take form of them.
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:44
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Remember when the PS1 released the first Final Fantasy game, every one was amazed by the graphics and never seen anything like it. Square had obviously squeezed out every ounce of pixel that the PS1 contains.

Hopefully this will happen on the GBA. There will be a game that sets a new era off in handheld gaming.

What I’m waiting for is online hand-held gaming. Think about it, it’s the future. You plug your GBA in the Internet line and play millions at games such as Mario Kart!

With Internet cafe's popping up everywhere, and 'Internet parks' being built finding a plug shouldn't be a problem.

If you haven’t heard of Internet-Parks, its a park where you can plug your laptop (or GBA in this case) into a internet plug and surf the web... Brilliant...
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:47
Has anybody seen golden sun pics?
Sun 18/11/01 at 18:48
Golden sun?
???????????
:^?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.