GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Deus Ex 2 for PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 14:51
Regular
According to the latest official mag, anyway.

But they are working on another 'top secret' title set in the Deus Ex universe, exclusively for PS2.
Sun 11/05/03 at 00:35
Regular
Not on Cube either according to Eidos at the moment. Its Xbox console exclusive.
Sat 10/05/03 at 09:26
Regular
dont have a xbox, but look forward to it on the Cube :-)
Sat 26/04/03 at 16:29
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> According to the latest official mag, anyway.
>
> But they are working on another 'top secret' title set in the Deus Ex
> universe, exclusively for PS2.

So what they're saying, basically, is we're not getting Deus Ex 2, we're getting a sequel to Deus Ex instead.

"Deus Ex: Not 2 but a Sequel Anyhow"
Sat 26/04/03 at 15:55
"High polygon count"
Popper wrote:
> I think the system could handle it, only if it had more RAM. Deus Ex
> was a huge complex game with vast gaming areas.

I don't think RAM is a problem - there have been games of equally large proportions on the system recently. Although a different style of game, Jak & Daxter had huge areas... Ratchet & Clank is even bigger... and J&D 2 is supposed to be 24 times the size of the largest area of the first.

Then you also have the massive areas of GTA3 and Vice City.

And all with hardly a load in sight.

The machine is capable, IF the effort is made - as you say yourself regarding Matrix Reloaded.
Fri 25/04/03 at 14:25
Regular
I am glad it isn't coming to the PS2 but I am sure those who only own a PS2 will be disappointed. I will be picking up a PS2 in the summer (again) so its not that I am against Sony but there have been too many multi platformed games spoilt by the PS2 for other consoles. According to Eidos the game is going to be HUGE with big gaming environments with lots to explore. The Xbox should hopefully make a great version of the game which shouldn't differ too much from the PC version. Its a shame for PS2 owners who can't get the game on PC but for those who own an Xbox as well then I think its best to assume that the Xbox will make an excellent version of the game.

*Note... I am not against Sony its just logical thinking*
Thu 24/04/03 at 18:11
Regular
"MSR Rules"
I think the system could handle it, only if it had more RAM. Deus Ex was a huge complex game with vast gaming areas.
The reason for canning it maybe because the gaem would have to be so heavily modified that it just wasn't worth it.
By creating a new game exclusive to PS2 then they could expand the brand of Deus Ex to a new audience.
Remember Unreal Tournament? They could only use a few of the assault levels because of the lack of system RAM.
Games like Doom 3 will either have to be re-coded or be split into lots of annoying segments to be loaded straight from the DVD.
The PS2 is showing it's age a bit in this department, whilst the Xbox and GC have suficient system, and video, RAM to cope with all the new games.

The one game to watch out for is Matrix reloaded. The developers have created four seperate new game engines for each platform and are coding the games side by side to take advantage of the power of each system.

That's dedication. No poor conversions for these guys. A bespoke game engine developed from the ground up. If only all developers could do that.
Wed 23/04/03 at 20:36
"For the horde!!!!"
The PS2 can't handle it most likely.

There is no chance it can handle Doom 3.
Wed 23/04/03 at 17:17
Regular
"  "
Oh, apologies. :)
Wed 23/04/03 at 16:24
"High polygon count"
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> It says it's been confirmed. Main headline on playstation.com.

Read the story fully!
Wed 23/04/03 at 15:22
Regular
could you help me with primal please

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.