GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More RS3 details..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Rainbow Six 3'.
Wed 23/04/03 at 15:19
Regular
Dunno if you've seen these already:

-Character models have been created perfectly. Han Solo looks great. You will be able to play as Luke Skywalker in every varioation from farm-boy Luke to Jedi.

-Control an AT-ST through the forest in Endor, shoot the enemy and command your Ewok troops.

-Just about every scene from the Star Wars classic trilogy, including those famous lightsabre battles.

-Death star bonus level, where after you free Leia, you fall into the trash compactor (as the movie goes), and you gotta solve a jumping puzzle. Then when you have escpaed, you go into first person view and use your grappling hook (a la Zelda) and swing across, to "recreate fantasy".

-It won't rehash ANYTHING from RS2. E.g. you won't blow up the Death Star, and you won't tangle AT-AT's with a rope and speeders.

-HOWEVER, every single mission from Rogue Leader (including bonus missions) will be available to play in a multiplayer co-op mode.

-Speederbike missions through forest recreated. You can be on foot and hit the enemy on speederbike with your lightsabre at one point in the game.

-Landspeeder racing on Tatooine.

-Near DVD quality footage from the original Star Wars trilogy to intro/outro scenes.

-There will be a mission on Geonosis from Episode 2. The picture looks beautiful.

-Versus multiplayer mode (dogfights), and "capture the base" mode. This will be for at least two, and possibly four players.

-Kamikaze A-wing attack on a Super Star Destroyer. If you're good enough you can do it without comminiting suicide, or hit the SSD bridge.

So it's not just a shooter anymore, there will be lightsaber battles and everything. And every single mission from Rogue Leader avaliable for multi-player?

This game sounds incredible.
Oh, and it seems like it involves mostly attacking missions rather than defending. Woo.
Thu 24/04/03 at 01:36
Regular
I dunno why but I'm always attracted to STar Wars games and I've owned all the flying sims created by Factor 5...

After being dissapointed by the last game (I think it was because i got stuck and gave up:P) I seriously hope this game will provide a new love for Star Wars games.

I mean I've never played any of the 3 rogue squadron games and actually wanted to get all the medals.#

This does sound sweet mind.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:35
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Oh god, just read an article thanks to Snipers link and this is all
> true.
>
> http://www.chasingradium.com/ egm-rebelstrike-issue.pdf
>
> It's got tons more screnshots and stuff. Wouldn't bother attempting
> running it though if you got 56K.
>
> This game is gonna be funking amazing.

Np :-)
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Maybe you should have a disclaimer in your tag to certify that your name is not related to FF7.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:30
Regular
How?
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:27
Regular
Why Shinra though?

That's wrong.
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:26
Regular
See see see

I am never wrong
Wed 23/04/03 at 22:25
Regular
Oh god, just read an article thanks to Snipers link and this is all true.

http://www.chasingradium.com/ egm-rebelstrike-issue.pdf

It's got tons more screnshots and stuff. Wouldn't bother attempting running it though if you got 56K.

This game is gonna be funking amazing.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:53
Regular
Look at the screenshots.

There is a shot of Luke on foot with a lightsaber, climbing the leg of an AT-AT at Hoth.

There is a shot of the death star level from RS2, split screen with one person an X-Wing and the other a Y-Wing.

There is an inside the cockpit shot of driving an AT-ST.

There is a shot of Chewbacca on foot shooting some Stormtroopers.

And there is a shot of you driving a speederbike through Endor.
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whitestripes wrote:
>> -Control an AT-ST through the forest in Endor, shoot the enemy and
> command your Ewok troops.
>
>
> -Death star bonus level, where after you free Leia, you fall into the
> trash compactor (as the movie goes), and you gotta solve a jumping
> puzzle. Then when you have escpaed, you go into first person view and
> use your grappling hook (a la Zelda) and swing across, to
> "recreate fantasy".
>
>

They sound distinctly false. No matter how much I want to order Ewoks to jump on Stormtroppers yelling 'Nub nub! YeacchclawoooOO!'
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:49
Regular
Is this made up?

It sounds too bloody amazing to be true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.