GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brunout - Should I get it?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 23:00
Regular
So whats burnout like?

I got GT3 and GTA3 is it going to co-exsist with them, or will it start a brawl?

Tell me all about it pls
Wed 21/11/01 at 16:41
Regular
"accidental superher"
i thought the demo was great...
good handling....speed....thrill... :)
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:59
Regular
I'd wait till its a £2.50 rental.

Its a shame really, my local blockbuster had loads of copies, I bet they're expecting it to be a popular game.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:44
Regular
"Touched!"
blimeyoreilly wrote:
> no, you are not wrong.

I'm just glad its going back to blockb*ster tomorrow

So its not worth me renting then?
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:42
Regular
no, you are not wrong.

I'm just glad its going back to blockb*ster tomorrow
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:36
Regular
"Back For Good"
why's everyone so exicited about burnout? the graphics are rough and it doesn't look like anything besides pulling off crazy thru's, or am i wrong?
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:29
Regular
"Touched!"
I was thinking about buying when i first saw the dvd footage, because it looked so fast and the crashes looked amazing, but it sounds that when the thrill of the crashes and speed wears off then your not left with a lot which is a shame because if it had a longer lifespan it would have made the game so much better and i would have seriously considered buying it, as it stands it just doesn't sound long enough to purchase, when there are longer games coming out, i will give it a rent though because i never know, i may like it!
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:29
Regular
"Tag as above"
>blimeyoreilly wrote:
>Also, the game is ruined by the constant replays of each >and every crash. Not just the spectacular ones, but even >slight glancing blows at motorway speeds result in your >cxar locking its wheels, and the game grinds to a halt. >every time. Yes, they are great the first few times, but >they soon become annoying breaks in the race.

>is there a way to turn off these replays?

I agree, i'd have liked the chance to try and contol the car after a collision, I think it'd make hitting things more fun.

Also the replays of the crashes should be put together so you can skip between them easily, so you dont have to go back to the menu each time.
Tue 20/11/01 at 23:24
Regular
The graphics are very fast, the animation is very smooth,

But the major criticism aimed at ridge racer V applies, every curved line is full of jaggies, it seems to be the game which antialiasing passed by. Similar to RRV, the car handling is terrible, cars which snap from understeer to oversteer looks impressive but are terrible to drive. Arcade racers aren't famed for accurate handling, I prefer the gran turismo school of motoring.

Also, the game is ruined by the constant replays of each and every crash. Not just the spectacular ones, but even slight glancing blows at motorway speeds result in your cxar locking its wheels, and the game grinds to a halt. every time. Yes, they are great the first few times, but they soon become annoying breaks in the race.

is there a way to turn off these replays?
Tue 20/11/01 at 09:10
I heard that Burnout had very blocky graphics. It looked that way on the demo I saw. Haven't seen the full version.
Mon 19/11/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Tag as above"
ssxpro wrote:
> In response to the original question, I`d go with not.

The game is great.
> Wookiee will confirm that. However, you already have GT3, and GTA3 also involves
> cars/racing at times, so you might want to vary the genres a it more, and go for
> something like SSX Tricky, Devil May Cry, Tony Hawks 3, Smackdown, Jak and
> Daxter or Herdy Gerdy.

I think you maybe right.

I've played on Wookiee's copy, and it was a great laugh, esspesially at warp speed, I wasn't as impressed by the graphics as I first thought I would be, I found it very difficult to make out what was coming up in the distance and it doesnt have the smooth apperence I was expecting except in the replays, a lack of anti analising maybe?

I might get it in the future when I've played gta3 to death (?) I reakon it may fit into my collection as the "Game I play when my mates are round and were all very pished and puking kebabs" Game.

In the mean time, I'll save my pennies for wipeout fusion

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.