GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"x-box price?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
is there a definate price of the x-box for the uk yet? and how much did the yanks have to pay for it?
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
is there a definate price of the x-box for the uk yet? and how much did the yanks have to pay for it?
Sat 17/11/01 at 20:48
Regular
"accidental superher"
299 pounds being launched on March 14th.....

yanks had to pay 299 dollars
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:30
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
so y do we have to pay more for it than the yanks?

$299 is £209 we have to pay £90 more or $128 worth. so if the yanks had to pay the same as us it woulda been worth $428 to them. hmmmmmm is it the tax
Sat 17/11/01 at 22:31
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
oops my maths has gone bad.... i got a C in my gcse aswell, lol.
Sat 17/11/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
The X-box was released here at a price of $299.99 , I will assume that it is not excempt from sales taxes so you can add on roughly 6% on to that which means people here can buy one for about $318. The games were selling at an average price point of about $50 plus sales tax, so thats about 37 quid a game. I couldn't see any peripherals (probably because they had run out).
They had a decent selection of launch games.
If that is helpful to anyone?
Sun 18/11/01 at 15:55
yeah the price of an xbox should be £299 if the amercian price of $299 dollar is converted I think it would be about £200 quid just show we live in a rip off britain. I was wondering if anybody knows if you imported a console would it work here and would the uk games work on it
Mon 19/11/01 at 04:25
The Xbox retails at 299 dollars +Tax in the UK that means a fair price would be about 220 pounds + tax. Which means a recommended retail price of 250 to 260 pounds.

Which means were getting ripped off by Microsoft, it sucks!
Mon 19/11/01 at 18:13
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
thats what microsoft do isnt it, rip people off.

personally im gettin anoyed by these companies ripping us off. they have all done it:
atari, amiga, sega, nintendo, sony and especially phillips anf that cd32 thingy
Mon 19/11/01 at 19:45
Regular
New Jimmy wrote:
> The Xbox retails at 299 dollars +Tax in the UK that means a fair price would be
> about 220 pounds + tax. Which means a recommended retail price of 250 to 260
> pounds.

Which means were getting ripped off by Microsoft, it sucks!

Its not only MS who have done this even all the other console developers have yeah and you can also thank the high tax rates we have here but I still agree we get rippid off.
Tue 20/11/01 at 00:02
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Remember the PS2's price tag last November? It was $299. Why was it £299 here? Becuase the wages we get paid here is equivalent to the wages paid in the US and most other countries as well. That's why Microsoft never convert the price tags to whatever the number may be and then sell it to us for that amount. It wouldn't be fair to US gamers. After all..they should have the priviallage, due to the XBOX being an American design and all.

Still, the XBOX is still very expenesive, but I have made apolicy..Iam going to try very hard and win it. The new magazine is coming out soon, or perhaps it has allready been releases...I don't know. Nevertheless, I will make sure I win one. I just know there is bound to be a neat compo in one of those mas.

Wish me luck...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.