GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Green Screen"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/11/01 at 17:47
Regular
Im getting a PS2 for Christmas, and Im concerned about this greenscreen thing, can someone please explain it to the uninitiated (me). Will I have to get a new cable to watch DVD's and play games or will the supplied composite scart be just fine. Thanks in advance for all assistance.
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:23
I thought you got thre green screen with the lead that comes with the PS2??
Sat 17/11/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Agreed. There's also a section in the PS2 manual which lists the different types of connection cable that you can use, and recommends that if you've got an S-Video socket on your TV then you'll get a better picture with an S-Video cable.

I thought my picture was fine, but just to see I bought an S-Video cable (seeing as my TV has an S-Video socket on it) and tried it out. Now my picture is even better, although the difference it makes is only 'just' noticable.
Sat 17/11/01 at 18:17
"High polygon count"
The supplied composite lead and SCART adapter will work just fine, giving you full colour for both games and DVD playback.
Sat 17/11/01 at 17:47
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Im getting a PS2 for Christmas, and Im concerned about this greenscreen thing, can someone please explain it to the uninitiated (me). Will I have to get a new cable to watch DVD's and play games or will the supplied composite scart be just fine. Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.