GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm really funning knackered now......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/04/03 at 23:42
Regular
Just been playing Conflict Desert Storm, completed the level that i've been attempting all day and decided not to carry on because it's mentally knackering. It's so fecking intense and on edge I just had to stop for a breather.

It's gotta be one of my fav shooter ever, I just spent about 15 minutes with my squad sitting on a large rock with a Tank encircling us, every time anyone popped up for air they got a face full of tank gun. To make matters worse there was a continuous assault from a nearby Iraqi camp and I was completly out of Anti tank missiles after going a bit nuts and wasting them on a load of scud launchers.

This went on for about 10 minutes until I realised I had some anti tank mines on the bomb expert bloke, so as the tank encircled me I got my guy to run down and slap one of these babies in the Tanks path, didn't realise they actually take a little time to lay and the next thing I new, the tank was back and my bloke got a crap load of bullets in the face. To make the punishment even worse the tank proceeded to run him over and then detonate the tank mine. Ouch that gotta hurt, at least he went down on a hero, I mean a hero.

Anyway the real reason for the topic was not to tell you my war stories from Conflict Desert Storm (I could go on all day but you'd just get bored and end up telling me to fook off), I was just wondering if anyone else occasionally feels mentally exhausted by certain games and you find yourself having turn them off and have a break?

I never had this kinda thing when playing games on my N64.

Anyway ummm get Conflict Desert Storm, it's damn good.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:42
Regular
Just been playing Conflict Desert Storm, completed the level that i've been attempting all day and decided not to carry on because it's mentally knackering. It's so fecking intense and on edge I just had to stop for a breather.

It's gotta be one of my fav shooter ever, I just spent about 15 minutes with my squad sitting on a large rock with a Tank encircling us, every time anyone popped up for air they got a face full of tank gun. To make matters worse there was a continuous assault from a nearby Iraqi camp and I was completly out of Anti tank missiles after going a bit nuts and wasting them on a load of scud launchers.

This went on for about 10 minutes until I realised I had some anti tank mines on the bomb expert bloke, so as the tank encircled me I got my guy to run down and slap one of these babies in the Tanks path, didn't realise they actually take a little time to lay and the next thing I new, the tank was back and my bloke got a crap load of bullets in the face. To make the punishment even worse the tank proceeded to run him over and then detonate the tank mine. Ouch that gotta hurt, at least he went down on a hero, I mean a hero.

Anyway the real reason for the topic was not to tell you my war stories from Conflict Desert Storm (I could go on all day but you'd just get bored and end up telling me to fook off), I was just wondering if anyone else occasionally feels mentally exhausted by certain games and you find yourself having turn them off and have a break?

I never had this kinda thing when playing games on my N64.

Anyway ummm get Conflict Desert Storm, it's damn good.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I actually do feel mentally exhausted by Conflict Desert Storm also.

I take breaks after each level, go for a walk, get a drink of water, etc.

Scary.

Fudging brilliant though.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
"Conker the King"
I got like that with Rocket Robot on Wheels. A damn fine game that should've sold more, if you ever see it get it, its a classic! Yes I played it for so long my eyes were nearly hanging out of their little sockets!
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:45
Regular
Only with Stratagy games and there weren't many on the N64.

I think I will rent this game tomorrow... it actually sounds REALLY cool.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:46
Regular
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> I got like that with Rocket Robot on Wheels. A damn fine game that
> should've sold more, if you ever see it get it, its a classic! Yes I
> played it for so long my eyes were nearly hanging out of their little
> sockets!

Oh I so wanted that :P I remember that it sounded excellent.

Damn my lack of money.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Tetris and Advance Wars spring to mind. I've just had to stop playing Shenmue because the control system was annoying me - does that count?
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:49
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Dringo wrote:
> Only with Stratagy games and there weren't many on the N64.
>
> I think I will rent this game tomorrow... it actually sounds REALLY
> cool.

---

Really cool on your own.

Incredible with three mates.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:49
Regular
"Conker the King"
Dringo wrote:
>
> Oh I so wanted that :P I remember that it sounded excellent.
>
> Damn my lack of money.

Dringo! It was and is excellent, you MUST get it if you see it anywhere second hand!
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:51
Regular
N64 4 EVA wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> Oh I so wanted that :P I remember that it sounded excellent.
>
> Damn my lack of money.
>
> Dringo! It was and is excellent, you MUST get it if you see it
> anywhere second hand!

My local independant retailer still sells N64 games for £10 each... I'll take a look tomorrow.
Thu 24/04/03 at 23:53
Regular
"Conker the King"
My local independent games retailer just disappeared! One day I was in the shop the following day it had closed down! Great! Now we've only got GAME and how I hate that store, biased to PS2 or what?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.