GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dreamcast out of storage"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/04/03 at 00:09
Regular
Sat down to have a gaming session and really couldn't think of anything to play... GC, PS2 and Xbox all set-up, but nothing was biting. This was yesterday, and suddenly I remembered about the Dreamcast packed up under the stairs. Think in the last 24 hours about 22 have been spent playing Dreamcast. Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, NFL2K1 and NBA 2k1 - all amazing. Played them to death, what? 2 years or so ago, but still enjoying them now.

Choice - see if the PSO servers still work, or bed? Very tired and really doubt PSO Dreamcast is still supported...
Fri 02/05/03 at 02:22
"I love yo... lamp."
Its funny how the Dreamcast does that to you. It just makes you want one wee go. And a week later you stagger to bed stained in curry. It was my favourite ever console. It was just tremendous when it came to gameplay. For so many games. It was just amazing how much fun it was. I just can never remember enjoying the PS as much. But maybe that is because I spent the entire latter half of the '90s playing Goldeneye. Kind of scary that I have Rolling Stones moments, and just cant remember several years of my life.

I think extended gaming sessions are great. And it takes a great console and great games to make you want to just sit for 5+ hours.

But the Dreamcast managed that. I regularly stayed up all night with Algy just playing MSR or whatever.

Now I suppose that I will just have to transfer my affections on to the DCs spiritual successor, the Xbox. And Project Gotham, here I come...
Fri 25/04/03 at 22:05
"period drama"
*Nods*
*Walks off*
Fri 25/04/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Too busy with Shenmue - I couldn't find my original save file (never
> completed it), so I'm playing through from the start again. Forgot
> how good it was, when it finishes I'll have to pick up Shenmue 2.

Yea Shenmue is absolutely brilliant, I do prefer the first one over the second but both are amazing. I really really want Shenmue 3 to be released, it's supposed to be the final chapter of the story, and since you're (I hope your happy FFF) :) playing the game you will know how essential it is to get the last part of the story.
Fri 25/04/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Still not tried to get PSO Ver 1 on-line again - happy enough in single player for the moment. The PSO on-line experience wasn't that great to be honest, coming from someone who used to propper MMORPGs (though its not really comparing like for like I guess).

Too busy with Shenmue - I couldn't find my original save file (never completed it), so I'm playing through from the start again. Forgot how good it was, when it finishes I'll have to pick up Shenmue 2.
Fri 25/04/03 at 12:44
Regular
"going underground"
Q3A works fiiiiine and so did a couple of the PSOv2 servers when i went on a couple weeks back. Don't worry bout not having an ISP! Just get hold of a DreamKey 3 disc and register yourself with Freeola and you're away.
Fri 25/04/03 at 11:30
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Does anyone know if Dreamcast is still online????? Especially Quake 3 and PSO????

Its a shame, because I cant go on my Dreamcast anymore, because I have broadband now!!!!! So I dont have an ISP.... Which means I cant go online through my Dreamcast anymore. It was an end of an era, but I did go online through my Dreamcast before I went on Broadband to say goodbye to a few of the friends of made in PSO.

I still cant get over how well Dreamcast played online, shame it was ruined by the hackers!
Fri 25/04/03 at 00:09
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Sat down to have a gaming session and really couldn't think of anything to play... GC, PS2 and Xbox all set-up, but nothing was biting. This was yesterday, and suddenly I remembered about the Dreamcast packed up under the stairs. Think in the last 24 hours about 22 have been spent playing Dreamcast. Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, NFL2K1 and NBA 2k1 - all amazing. Played them to death, what? 2 years or so ago, but still enjoying them now.

Choice - see if the PSO servers still work, or bed? Very tired and really doubt PSO Dreamcast is still supported...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.