GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AS Levels second modules - General studies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/05/07 at 18:44
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Does anyone know of a good way to revise toipics for AS general studies, i've got the exam monday and i just don't know what to look at.

Also, are there any people who know of effective ways of revising, i still aint got a way that works for me effectivly.
Tue 05/06/07 at 10:16
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Quite a few people here found them a bit difficult, I think I would have too if I didn't study politics. Plus our general studies teacher didn't really teach it, we just watched videos such as V for Vendetta.
Mon 14/05/07 at 19:41
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I do RS and politics and General Studies is just a watered down version of both of those mixed, don't think I'll be revising, didn't on my first module and got 94%. :-P
Mon 14/05/07 at 19:36
Regular
Bah General Studies is a joke.

The most effective way of revising is to not.

Two on next Monday... it's just a waste of two hours.
Sun 13/05/07 at 23:43
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
AS General Studies.

Vampyr got 100%.

Vampyr didnt revise it, he spent his time revising real subjects, which he did not get 100% in.

I wish i was as clever as i used to be, im failing uni :(
Sat 12/05/07 at 19:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh, my revision was basically miss a bunch of revision classes to play basketball in the school gym, never open the textbook til about an hour before the exam, have a quick skim read then just relax and play some Half Life on the common room computers then go and get an A or B in the exam. Hurrah for considerably easy tests and grade boundaries.

Course when i'm teaching my class i drive home the importance of revision because we teachers are hypocrites :-D
Sat 12/05/07 at 18:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
General Studies? You don't really need to revise, it's pretty simple really. Read the text, answer questions based on it, and try not to make any obvious mistakes. As for the maths section, a quick look over the GCSE revision notes on BBC bitesize will probably give you the basic principles you need; I've never even looked at AS Guru, so I don't know if it's worth reccommending. :)

Much of the science section is about making logical judgements, and is on quite random subjects (Including on one occasion, I think, how lawnmowers work!), and the essays aren't too problematic; a few statements backed up decently will be all you need.

I did half-arsed essays on my AS-Level and still got 100% on two exams (With 70% on the maths and science one, as that's rather a bogey subject for me). Still, I may need to make a bit of an effort on my A2 General studies, in case I don't quite get my required grades for Uni!
Sat 12/05/07 at 18:44
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Does anyone know of a good way to revise toipics for AS general studies, i've got the exam monday and i just don't know what to look at.

Also, are there any people who know of effective ways of revising, i still aint got a way that works for me effectivly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.