GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the hype about Playstation 2 jusified?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/08/00 at 22:54
Regular
I am holding down 3(I am 14!) jobs so i can get a ps2, am i just a idiot who has fallen prey to the hype or will ps2 live up to expectation. The dvd drive is a major selling point but i feel if people were only buying a ps2 for the dvd facility they would be very stupid. A dvd player cost £200 or less where as ps2 costs £300. I believe people are buying ps2 for it's amazing potential. Ps2 will be the future of gaming and bring on November the 24th. Neil Loughlin
Fri 18/08/00 at 22:54
I am holding down 3(I am 14!) jobs so i can get a ps2, am i just a idiot who has fallen prey to the hype or will ps2 live up to expectation. The dvd drive is a major selling point but i feel if people were only buying a ps2 for the dvd facility they would be very stupid. A dvd player cost £200 or less where as ps2 costs £300. I believe people are buying ps2 for it's amazing potential. Ps2 will be the future of gaming and bring on November the 24th. Neil Loughlin
Sat 19/08/00 at 11:41
I'm with you on this one, yes bring on the 24th November.The Dvd is a good selling point, but is'nt whats going to sell the PS2 on it's own.As you say, the PS2 is going to be a superb piece of kit and is the way of the future, and with a fan base of over 5.2 million who already have the PSX how can it fail, impossible I say and things are set to get better!!!So Sony have the fan base already in place, does this mean they don't have to try and deliver a good machine....they might try that, but I don't think so, as they're looking to do good with PS3(something they're already working on)and to muck things up now would spell disaster for it.
Also, I admire someone who is willing to work hard for what they desire, as you tend to appreciate those things more.I've saved for my PS2, though I have a well payed job, I'm just broke at a different level and need to be responsible with my money.That said, I've taken my monitary condition into consideration, and I would'nt spend my hard earned cash on a whim, so buying a games console/Dvd player is a good way of getting both.Keep up the good work, more than one job Eh.....Ummmm...you'll go far.ARTY
Sat 19/08/00 at 21:36
Thanks Arty, i just feel strongly about the way some people have started to slate ps2 without any knowledge on this master piece of equipment. I also believe there is no need to become a fan of ps2 and then insult DC, i believe people should be able to enjoy both machines. N.L.L
Sat 19/08/00 at 22:13
You're right again, whats the point of running down some great hardware, I believe in hard work to get the things you want, so that you can have the best of both worlds!!Get today for instance, I stroll into a game shop in Yeovil, not only do I look at the PSX section, but the N64, P.C. and the D.C(though I don't own one YET!!!I soon will).Now thats satisfaction, and limitless choice for you, plus it's a lot less boring, and nobody could disagree with that.I think that this narrow minded attitude of running other consoles down is very boring, and can only be exspected from a fool!!Though if the truth be known I favour the PSX, I would'nt fragg the other consoles as I think they're all damn good, and with a little hard work we can all enjoy them.I'm a fan of gameing, and not of any individual console, and thats when the fun really kicks in!!!!!!I've had just as much fun from a machine at the local chinky and the "muzzy's" on Weymouth sea front as I've had from a games console(through experience though, consoles are much cheaper!!!!!)It's what you get out of it, not what you put in.ARTY
Sun 20/08/00 at 13:00
It seems that only you and i are conributing to this important ps2 issue arty and i feel that is a shame.
Sun 20/08/00 at 17:58
I know what you mean, but there are some cool people around.Such as Ant, Jedi master, gfy and the boss (he's from the states)they all show up from time to time to have some input.What games are you looking to buy for the PS2, and which genre do you like the best?I like action/adventure, such as MGS and SF 1/2 and I'm hoping to get Perfect Dark for the N64.Thanks ARTY
Sun 20/08/00 at 20:04
Regular
Its a shame really that most people don't get enough money to buy all consoles. (Hats off to working three jobs though, well done!) So theres bound to be people who haven't played all consoles. Although I have played on all three out at present (DC, N64, PS, I own a N64) I can't really judge them agaisn't each other fully. Although I didn't like the controller for PS, I was playing Resident Evil, by the way.
Grix long gone and dusted.
Sun 20/08/00 at 21:18
I absolutely loved mgs but i am more of an rpg man. I like to play tony hawks etc. I like most types of games although i'm not a great fan of wrestling games but it is a matter of opinion
Sun 20/08/00 at 21:30
Has anyone else noticed it takes special reserve ages to announce the game a day winners. I am having o put every penny i get ino the bank so i can afford ps2 so i can't afford ff9 which i am distraught about(so i am desperately trying to win the game a day prize). I am not sure my articles are of a high enough calibur to win the prize but i have submitted cheats,reviews and nothing is working but i am sure there are others who deserve the prize more than i(sob)
Sun 20/08/00 at 22:10
Don't worry, I've been submiting for months and s**till ain't won.The winners are often picked at random, and not always on you're dynamic writeing talents.So don't give up, you might get lucky.Also I wrote in with some SF Tips once, won jack sh*t, then about a week or so later, someone wrote in with near enough the same thing and won!!!!!So you're not on you're own.Anyway, it's probably cuz they know I've found a cheaper place to buy my games!(Could'nt possibly be because I'm Cr@p)Teh heh!!!!ARTY

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.